The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Black old Tuners, whole set. Seen on 'Bay.... Just cuz these are RARE.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member Communities -> Bottom Feeding Luthiery GuildMessage format

Old Man Arthur
Posted 2022-01-16 3:41 PM (#556855)
Subject: Black old Tuners, whole set. Seen on 'Bay.... Just cuz these are RARE.

I quit post PSA's long ago, but people have been looking, and these are getting scarce.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284607737583?hash=item4243f16eef:g:gLQAAOSw...
These are NOT inexpensive.... But if you are restoring Ancient Ovations you may need them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
seesquare
Posted 2022-01-16 4:33 PM (#556856 - in reply to #556855)
Subject: Re: Black old Tuners, whole set. Seen on 'Bay.... Just cuz these are RARE.

A hundred bucks?! "These are NOT inexpensive"- no kidding! I guess our stashes are getting pretty valuable, eh wot?
DetlefMichel
Posted 2022-01-20 6:00 AM (#556900 - in reply to #556855)
Subject: Re: Black old Tuners, whole set. Seen on 'Bay.... Just cuz these are RARE.

These tuners have a plastic chassis and were mounted back in the 80s on lesser guitars, the cheap Schaller M6 copies. These tuners were not even good when theay were new. Due to the normal ageing of any plastic material (becomes brittle and tends to shrink) I would not use these any more, it´s waste of money. Vintage or not, you would not drive a vintage car with vintage tyres, would you?
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2022-01-20 12:44 PM (#556906 - in reply to #556855)

I guess opinions are welcome but DetlefMichel these are the replacement tuners for the early Viper and Breadwinner guitars. While the plastic doesn't really stand the test of time, if need replacement tuners, these are them. These are the OEM version of the ones Ovation used. The ones Ovation used have the Ovation logo instead of the Schaller logo. The offset mount makes it nearly impossible to replace with anything else. The logos are swapable.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)