The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Beautiful & Original 1718 Elite, Early 90’s to Trade

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

joelcharlesross
Posted 2022-01-15 3:45 PM (#556845)
Subject: Beautiful & Original 1718 Elite, Early 90’s to Trade

I have a 99% original Ovation 1718 Elite Acoustic / Electric that I’d be interested in trading for an equal Legend series. The only thing on this guitar that’s not original is the sponge used between the back plate cover and the spreader bars which holds cover to the back of the guitar. The original sponge disintegrated after 30 plus years. There is one tiny ding and two even smaller nicks on the lower bout. All of which can be easily drop filled, wet sanded and polished. I chose not to go this route for now in order to keep it completely original. No finish cracking or neck issues. Plays great. Low action. Still has two factory shims under the saddle. Electronics work as they should. To my ear it has a woody sound more in keeping with a mahogany body guitar as opposed to rosewood or maple. Of course I’m comparing apples to oranges but… Anyway, I’m more traditional. I’ve owned many Ovations over the years and I’m very fond of the Legends and Balladeers. I like the single sound hole with the classic rosette. So, if anyone is interested in a fair trade, let me know. Unfortunately the original case is not available. The guitar only has an inexpensive chipboard case. It’s been well cared for. It’s been polished, cleaned, oiled and has new strings. Great guitar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)