The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
This Neck of the Woods

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Oddball
Posted 2021-12-08 10:25 AM (#556562)
Subject: This Neck of the Woods

As a part-time thing I've been flipping mid-priced guitars over the past few years when the opportunity presents itself. You know, buy low, do a clean and restring, and hope to make a few bucks reselling. It doesn't always work out that way, but it's fun - kind of like 'collecting' guitars without actually having a collection. Plus I get to try out different marques, among them Taylor, Takamine, Breedlove and Ibanez. I'm not sorry to see most of them go. One I was sorry about was an Ovation 2000 Collectors edition - the one with that crazy Australian lacewood top. That thing was drop-dead gorgeous. Didn't have that great of sound unplugged, but what really blew me away is that it had the most comfortable neck of ANY guitar I've ever played. For my hands, the perfect string spacing, perfect depth, width, etc. It made difficult picking easier. It made fingerpicking easier. I was really stunned. I'm just a home plunker and never thought a neck could make that much difference in playability. But I needed the $$ (and my wife has limited my GAS), so I let it go for a nice profit. My Question is, does anybody know exactly what the neck profile is/was on these guitars, and what other Ovations had it? I'd like to find a nice USA-made keeper with this neck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)