The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
another new member with a question (pre-amp for 1869 super shallow)

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

joolz
Posted 2021-09-26 5:25 AM (#556158)
Subject: another new member with a question (pre-amp for 1869 super shallow)

Good afternoon all,

Amateur player here, playing in Robert Fripp's NST tuning (CGDAEG). After years of playing a new Ovation 1867AX-CCB I recently switched to an early nineties 1869 Custom Legend. The price was OK (I hope) and I knew that was going to be some work to be done. The bridge was crumbling, action way too high, frets a bit low. A local luthier fixed all that, new bridge, bone nut, stainless steel frets. (which I love, have them on my strat as well)

Now, a new issue occurred: the pots (sliding ones, it's an op24 pre-amp with battery replacement through the soundhole) were making rumbling noises, so we sprayed some contact stuff in, and I slid them up and down a bit. Then the bass slide broke off. I don't think it's feasible to have that repaired since the rumble on middle and treble is still there.

I read somewhere on a forum that the successor op24+ will not fit. Now I'm thinking about putting in something like a Fishman Presys+ (or a Chinese copy) but that one is probably a bit too large, so my luthier would have to cut a bit into the top of the round back. This is of course something I would avoid, unless there is no other option.

So, a long story leading to a short question: what's a good, fitting replacement pre-amp for a 1869 ?

Thanks for havng me on the forum, and thanks in advance for any advice / opinions!

Joolz.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2021-09-27 10:22 AM (#556163 - in reply to #556158)
Subject: Re: another new member with a question (pre-amp for 1869 super shallow)

op 24plus should fit
joolz
Posted 2021-09-28 3:24 PM (#556177 - in reply to #556158)
Subject: Re: another new member with a question (pre-amp for 1869 super shallow)

Thanks Alpep, that's what I hoped for, but in this thread http://www.ovationfanclub.com/megabbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=47... arumako says the dimensions and screw hole locations are different. Have you (or anyone else) done a straight swap of the op24 and the op24+ ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)