The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Can anyone help me with some backing tracks?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Patch
Posted 2021-07-15 1:42 PM (#555882)
Subject: Can anyone help me with some backing tracks?

I have a couple of recordings that I would like to get some backing tracks for. Specifically, I need some strings and a tin whistle. At present, I plan to keep it to three songs.

FWIW, I do not intend to make any money on these or anything. In fact, I am doing these as gifts; two for my wife and one for my father. All three songs have religious themes. Two are originals, and I can provide an octavo pdf for the cover, although I am looking for something that does sot play the octavo note-for-note as I find it to be somewhat over-done as originally recorded. In fact, as far as all three go, simplicity is the key.

I feel like the strings parts could be done on a keyboard, but I have no idea about a tin whistle.

I already have the mp3's with voices, harmonies, and guitars. And I have some general ideas of the sound I am looking for, but I'm hardly a pro and am willing to take advice. Also, I cannot read/write musical notation, so the artist can certainly apply a reasonable level of personal creativity.

As far as money goes, I'm not looking to spend loads of cash, but I'm also not so naive as to expect help like this to come gratis. I'm happy to work out such details in advance.

If anyone can help, or even has advice, I would love to work something out.

You can PM me or email: patchable AT patchworkmcg DOT com

Thanks in advance everyone!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
nerdydave
Posted 2021-07-18 10:34 PM (#555884 - in reply to #555882)
Subject: Re: Can anyone help me with some backing tracks?

Gosh nobody here any more. No change from day to day. Sad. And I wasn't even here in the really good old days!
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2021-07-18 11:10 PM (#555885 - in reply to #555882)

Hey Patch, I would have thought someone would have answered, but it is getting into summer... always slower. Anyway, I can't promise anything, but if I could here what you have I could see if I could add to it. I certainly have the recording ability.
Patch
Posted 2021-07-19 10:21 AM (#555887 - in reply to #555885)

Thanks Miles. Let's see if these links work. (If not, I can always email the mp3's.) I can also send chords sheets and share my ideas of the sounds I'm thinking of if you feel like messing with them.

This was on one of the OFC Collections, and I've always thought a tin whistle and maybe a violin would fill it out really well. It is recorded in E (Capo 2 - D)

Small Boat

This one has a rough cut loaded on the OFC many years back now. It was written when my Mom died.The first time I rehearsed it, I could hear high strings progressing to a fuller string sound. This recording is in A (Capo 2 - Open G).

I Will Fly

This one is a cover. I have the octavo for it, but the strings on the original recorded version are kind of over-done. I would still like some strings (maybe a quartet sound), but I also want to keep the simplicity of this arrangement. The song is in F (Capo 3 - D).

Set Your Heart on the Higher Gifts

Mr. Ovation
Posted 2021-07-21 7:40 PM (#555894 - in reply to #555882)

Go ahead and send the mp3's . I can listen to them from the links, but can't download them. Chord sheets and notes about what you envision would be helptul. THe Set Your Heart on the Higher Gifts I heard a whole band arrangement in my head, so you notes would be helpful for your vision.
Patch
Posted 2021-07-22 5:21 PM (#555903 - in reply to #555894)

Thanks Miles! I've just sent a separate email for each piece.

(Hope I sent'em to the right address... )

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)