The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
A New String Instrument..

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Love O Fair
Posted 2021-06-28 10:53 AM (#555784)
Subject: A New String Instrument..

Nothing too profound. Just thought I’d toss in something oddball style.

A year ago my wife had to close down her salon because of Covid-19-- but that’s okay since she wanted out of the business anyway. So there it sat with a 28-year-old grandfathered lease rate I just couldn’t bring myself to walk away from. It’s a four-room suite with private bath on the ground floor of an office building, so with some handy retrofitting I hauled off and turned it into a really nifty studio (especially at night with no one around and we can rattle windows). I’m quite happy with it. It also has the proverbial “back room”. You know.. where the smoking, drinking, cussing, poker and rude jokes mostly take place. Very comfy in there. Anyway, a few months back I invented a “wall harp” on one of that room’s walls. Anytime anyone actually finishes a recording project in the studio they are free to place a new string onto the harp. All it really amounts to are rubber bands of various colors stretched between push-pins. Essential rule is that it has to be placed as an extension onto one of the open ends, cannot cross another segment, or block the path. Object is to stretch it to a pitch unique apart from the others so when you walk up and ‘twang’ on the thing you can actually create music. So there. Just thought y’all may like to know that about half of the harp segments so far have resulted from projects and recording sessions that used an Ovation product at some point or another. Any ideas on how to calculate its scale length??

(Wall Harp.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Wall Harp.jpg (115KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)