The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Not sure what to make of the GEWA USA web site

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

kentrookie
Posted 2021-04-23 12:22 AM (#555449)
Subject: Not sure what to make of the GEWA USA web site

https://www.gewamusicusa.com/category/p_instruments-fretted/p_division-fretted/filter:/?itemPage

>seems to be pretty rough around the edges.

maybe it's just me but it feels "uninspired" ( or maybe my expections are too high)

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2021-04-23 1:33 AM (#555450 - in reply to #555449)
Subject: Re: Not sure what to make of the GEWA USA web site

I would want more and better photos before I gave you Thousands of dollars.
You gotta make me swoon.

and.... That is me with sticker shock!

I hope that they are successful.
Standingovation
Posted 2021-04-23 7:13 AM (#555452 - in reply to #555449)

Does the website really matter? During Kaman, Fender and DW eras Ovation had some pretty nice websites for their day and it didn't seem to make or break the company form what I could tell. I own a significant investment in another brand of guitars and come to think of it I'm not sure I've ever looked at their website (do they have one?) or at least I haven't looked at it for a very long time.
d'ovation
Posted 2021-04-23 11:15 AM (#555455 - in reply to #555449)

The regular Ovation website still exists. This looks more like an online store to order models without using a dealer. The two models I randomly clicked on were out of stock. Not sure if this will be serious competition for our trusted dealers, or if dealers will continue to have best price, service, and access to special custom models.
FlySig
Posted 2021-04-23 11:16 AM (#555456 - in reply to #555449)

OvationGuitars dot com is still up.

Honestly, Ovation/Adamas have always had a sub-standard website. At least from the perspective of an over-50 yr old prospective buyer. I like to do research on the product and compare models. And, I would have loved to be able to build a custom guitar on the website and see the different options and prices. Bonus points for an assembled picture of the different parts on the custom build. Then let me place the order on their website, directing it to an authorized dealer (or, start at the dealer's site and flow through to the custom build site).

I've done this process numerous times on car websites, which eventually led me to a local dealer to buy cars more than once.

Too many product websites are flashy but have zero practical use for a seriously interested customer. Ovation is no exception, unfortunately.
Love O Fair
Posted 2021-04-23 1:28 PM (#555457 - in reply to #555449)

It looks to be a place where one can go and view a full line-up of what seems to be everything the company makes, and which is not an array that you will typically find on any given mass retail site. The upshot I saw to the whole thing is that they promote a list of Authorized Dealers (I see Al on there) who you can actually conduct direct business with. Hopefully the viewer will also realize that the prices shown are essentially MSRP, and that the dealers are free to deal-- because most of those prices are quite unrealistic. At least they are to me.

PS-- @d'ovation >>>The two models I randomly clicked on were out of stock. Not sure if this will be serious competition for our trusted dealers...<<<

I clicked about 15, and they ALL show out of stock.. so I am hoping it's that way so that the viewer WILL click on the dealer list instead of just wandering off to GuitarCenter.com, etc. If they really want to make it work they should not post the price at all, but instead have a "click to see price" link that takes you directly to a list of authorized dealers' ads and/or prices.

Edited by Love O Fair 2021-04-23 1:58 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)