The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation 1617-ALE Question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Gizmo
Posted 2021-01-07 9:13 AM (#554699)
Subject: Ovation 1617-ALE Question

Hello Everyone, it is a pleasure to join this forum of Ovation lovers and enthusiasts. My hat is off to the folks who started this site, and as one who has owned many Ovations over the years, I look forward to participating in the exchange of information regarding the guitars we all know and love.

I have recently acquired a used 2012 Ovation 1617-ALE and it is an amazing guitar. It does however appear to have an issue that requires the neck to be reset to remedy.

This model does not appear to have a bolt-on neck, and I am sending this into the Ovation Factory (Ovation Workbench) to have the reset done. The person I spoke with at Ovation told me that the neck may have a Dovetail set.

Does anyone in this forum have any knowledge of why Ovation would use a Dovetail neck set instead of a bolt on?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gizmo
Posted 2021-01-21 10:31 AM (#554833 - in reply to #554699)
Subject: Re: Ovation 1617-ALE Question

I ended up sending my 1617-ALE into the Ovation Workbench and they confirmed that Ovation used a dovetail joint design on this model and the neck is bonded (glued) on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)