The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Celebrity CS24-1 PreAmp PROBLEM

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Applewise
Posted 2020-12-16 2:36 PM (#554458)
Subject: Celebrity CS24-1 PreAmp PROBLEM

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I bought a new (B Stock) Celebrity cs24-1 in June 2020. The only issue was a scratch on the neck but apart from that has been perfect.
However, about six weeks ago I went and plugged it into my small amp and nothing. With a new battery all I’m getting is an ‘up’ and ‘down’ red arrow on the digital display, nothing else. I can’t use the preamp to tune or anything else. I brought it to my local music store and he checked all connections and wiring and could find nothing wrong. He stopped short of removing the preamp incase it invalidated the warranty, but however I since found out that it had only a 3 month warranty as it was (B) stock.
Has anyone an idea what maybe wrong with the preamp or more importantly how I can get it back working? It’s a new guitar and worked fine all along and has just suddenly stopped working.
I’d appreciate any advice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2020-12-16 6:07 PM (#554460 - in reply to #554458)
Subject: Re: Celebrity CS24-1 PreAmp PROBLEM

Did it work before?
I have not owned a guitar with the OP4BT in a while...
But as I remember there are 3 connections to the preamp. One wire from the battery box (which is connected since you've got arrows), from the pickup, and a wire to the output jack.
Also, the real preamp is a large rectangular box behind that little tri-oval display covering.
The fact there you have no "letter" coming up on your Tuna makes me think that it is the wire coming from the Saddle pick-up. That would be a grayish wire, pretty thin.
Once you have loosened the strings enough to reach in there, remove and re-plug all of the connections.
Since I don't have an OP4BT here to examine, you will just have to look for yourself.

tip: Keep the guitar plugged-in to your amp while you a poking around down in there. That way you can just Tap on the saddle, and you should get sound. If not, that is a clue to what is broken.

Also... You can still contact the store you bought if from, if you bought it from a store.

Good Luck.
Applewise
Posted 2020-12-16 7:53 PM (#554461 - in reply to #554460)

Thanks for that. I’ll check that again then. Oh, and yes, it had been working fine before. Cool !!
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2020-12-22 11:03 PM (#554527 - in reply to #554458)

Just saw this on evilBay and thought of you....

Parts

Applewise
Posted 2020-12-23 12:25 AM (#554529 - in reply to #554527)

Cool, thanks very much ??
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)