The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Still Lurking About...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

DaveKell
Posted 2020-05-27 10:19 AM (#552172)
Subject: Still Lurking About...

I still check in here from time to time. The most recent update on me personally is on April 30 I had the extensive spinal fusion hardware removed from my spine that was put in 17 months ago following a vehicle accident. Legal concerns are dragging on and it appears I will end up going to trial in Illinois from Texas. The wreck happened in Illinois. I've endured 17 months of excruciating pain from this hardware that never fused into my spine and was very loose the entire time. It was removed four weeks ago by a very famous spine surgeon in Dallas Texas who was less than impressed with the original job done by a young neurosurgeon. The removal hasn't altogether removed the pain but it is slowly beginning to subside.

In the meantime I have continued writing songs and sending them to a successful retired songwriter friend in Nashville which has resulted in me being asked to submit three songs for consideration to be included on a second album being recorded by a distant cousin of Loretta Lynn. After the recording session in Nashville was underway she was signed by Capitol records in LA and the whole project is somewhat in limbo now. I'm just pleased I've gotten this far with these efforts.

I continue my constant shopping for an Ovation Elite to replace the one I regret having sold quite awhile ago. The purchase will have to wait until I finally receive financial compensation for the greatly diminished physical condition I've been left in. The Yairi DY90 I inherited from a wealthy friend who went to Japan in 1982 and commissioned from Kazuo Yairi is once again in my possession after a seven month restoration of the damage it sustained in the wreck. The restorer is nothing short of a bonafide wizard for the awesome results of his wrok on the guitar. You almost need a magnifying glass to find evidence of the repairs he accomplished by preserving all the original woods that suffered many serious splits. I wish my spine surgeon has been as skilled!

I also have an HD28 Martin with the VTS torrefied process to recreate the sound of a 1937 guitar. I still long to have another Elite though. It will happen soon as the settlement is resolved. Anyway, I'm still about... missing somewhat the well thought out abuse of Darkbar and others. Okay, time for me to head to bed for the first of my 3 or 4 daily stints of getting my body perfectly still to alleviate the pain I feel. You haven't gotten rid of me yet!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DaveKell
Posted 2020-05-27 10:32 AM (#552173 - in reply to #552172)
Subject: Re: Still Lurking About...

https://soundcloud.com/user-566557345/hjer-time-to-go
Just as a for instance, here's my attempt at an Americana tearjerker.
elginacres
Posted 2020-05-27 8:26 PM (#552176 - in reply to #552172)

There are some elites in the for sales thread
nerdydave
Posted 2020-05-27 11:11 PM (#552178 - in reply to #552172)

I like the instrumental in the third song!
nerdydave
Posted 2020-05-27 11:12 PM (#552179 - in reply to #552172)

Prolly nothing to you accomplished players out there but a nerd like me likes it!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)