The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
FS my old 12string custom legend 1658

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

DetlefMichel
Posted 2020-05-12 10:47 AM (#552105)
Subject: FS my old 12string custom legend 1658

I got this guitar some tim ago in a sad shape. The electronics were dead and not complete. The neck seemed to be wrong re-set and glued , there were many surface cracks and the rosette was in pieces, but all pieces still in the case...

The neck turned out to be not only badly set but broken behind the 12th fret.The trussrod was broken, too.

The neck was transformed into a bolt-on type, the trussrod was repaired and the new frets installed. When the guitar was payable again I added some ball bearings in the haedstock to make the tuning machines work more smoothly.

The guitar now is an acoustic only guitar, but all the drilling holes for the electrics are just closed with rubber plugs so it can be re-built if wanted.

I restored the rosette and built a new bridge instead of the pickup which has a much better physical contact with the top than the pickup had. The sound of this old guitar is really nice, I tuned it 1 step low to D because of the old top, and with the (little bigger) frets it´s an excellent guitar for blues fingerpicking! It was always my best CL 12string, although my others were very shiny ones.

I left the dozens of (surface!) cracks and scratches and bruises as they were because I think such an old guitar may show signs of wear and age. It´s not a collector´s item. I want to give it to someone who loves it like it is. 

Location is Germany

I´m asking 500,-- € OBO plus shipping

Top of the page Bottom of the page
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2020-05-13 5:32 PM (#552119 - in reply to #552105)
Subject: Re: FS my old 12string custom legend 1658

Detlef,I'm surprised your parting with this knowing how much you like 12 fret 12 strings,I bet it plays great the 1538 I got from you plays awesome.I already have a CL 1158 so hopefully someone in the family will pick this up

DetlefMichel
Posted 2021-01-05 12:13 PM (#554671 - in reply to #552105)

The guitar plays different to other 1658s, because of the bigger frets and the acoustic-only saddle I made of ebony and brass. And I also added ball bearings to the tuners for quicker tuning. It´s still a great player, if you can really handle a 12string.
AND the guitar will come with a nearly flawless brown case WITH the brown case cover. Spirit of the 70´s!!
DetlefMichel
Posted 2021-01-13 8:40 AM (#554737 - in reply to #552105)

I made a video for you: https://youtu.be/ddF6wI86D2I
DetlefMichel
Posted 2021-02-10 4:35 AM (#555102 - in reply to #552105)

Sold on reverb
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)