The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Premp issues with Ultra 1527-D

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

lobsterjoe
Posted 2019-09-02 2:41 PM (#549754)
Subject: Premp issues with Ultra 1527-D

Hi. New member here. I still regularly play my 1972 1111-1 Sunburst Balladeer that has added piezo PU and bone bridge saddle. A little bit of top cave but still plays great. Cool story is that when I worked for an audio manufacturer in the '90's one of our East coast sales guys said he may have helped build that guitar since he was working at the factory (Bloomfield?) during the production period for my guitar.

Recently acquired a 1527-D and I cannot get any output from the pickup/preamp system. Removed the piezo element and it seems to work based on a direct connection to an amp and "tap" test. The preamp module's battery check LED works when connected to good (fresh) battery. But no throughput when PU is connected through preamp. I removed the preamp and touched up many of of the solder points, but no change.Plugs and jacks are functional.

Would appreciate suggestions as to lower cost compatible preamp system (that do not require mods to themounting opening or troubleshooting tips.

I have considered my self an Ovation fan for many years. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lobsterjoe
Posted 2019-09-16 8:21 PM (#549836 - in reply to #549754)
Subject: Re: Premp issues with Ultra 1527-D

The volume slider was not making good contact. Touched up the solder points (again) and crimped the edges of the slider housing in a tad. Now I have sound even if not the smoothest adjustment on the slider. Thought about swapping it with the mid-pot but think I'm good for now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)