The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Greetings Fellow O Fans

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Lord of Strings
Posted 2010-10-17 8:45 AM (#2709)
Subject: Greetings Fellow O Fans

Hell-O-vation everyone,
Just started playing about 3 weeks ago (strange calluses on my finger tips...lol)on a Yamaha F-310 , which I love, but I am an Ovation lover from way back when my college room mate in the late 70's had one (Ok, so now you can guest-i-mate my age). I'm living overseas so I am biding my time until I can return home and pick up an Ovation or two in a few months.

Looking for some input. I'm considering an AE128, AE148 and the iDea CC54i for my first O. I am a smaller frame male (5' 6") and leaning towards the shallow bowl models for now....iDea is on my list because it is on Amazon.com for $206 and $234 with free shipping for Platinum and Black respectively. Right now I am favoring the AE148 because I think it is probably the better guitar and I like the differently designed sound holes. It is currently available in Ruby Red with a free Behringer V-Tone GMA106 amp for $248 delivered. Of course, I think I want black...lol. I found the AE128 Sunburst (New) on Ebay for $182 delivered. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading the forum and hope you will respond with some guitar suggestions and allow me to become a full privileged member of the "OFC" forum.

Regards,
Steve

Guitars right now: Yamaha F310 and Legend LEC8 (Cheap but nice enough for me 3/4 size classical)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
evvignes
Posted 2010-10-20 8:16 PM (#2710 - in reply to #2709)
Subject: Re: Greetings Fellow O Fans

Dear Lord,
I am also new to the OFC, but not new to Ovations or guitar playing. My suggestion is to look for something: used, USA made, fairly old(80's), mid-level model(Ex. baladeer or similar). I find the older ovations sound, look and play much better than new low end models. For example, I have an early 80's custom baladeer that is superb on every level. I have seen good examples selling for as low as $200. I also just bought an 85 collectors for $400 delivered that is in close to new condition.
It is a good time to buy just about anything used. Hope this info helped. (approx. 25 years of ovation experience)

Your Pal,
Victor
MWoody
Posted 2010-10-20 8:59 PM (#2711 - in reply to #2709)

Welcome guys!

I have as Balladeer LX in the for sale area for cheap!

And you are both good to go now.
nikon4004
Posted 2010-10-21 8:00 AM (#2712 - in reply to #2709)

Do not discount the Celebrit DLx.

I have a RRBY and I love it. GOod sound and tone, really good looking guitar and plugged in,,A KILLER!
Lord of Strings
Posted 2010-10-21 8:19 AM (#2713 - in reply to #2709)

Hello,

Thank you Woody for admitting us into the "Club". evvignes, Woody and nikon4004 thank you for the responses. I'm quite certain your suggestions are very worthy of consideration and as mentioned in my initial post, I was introduced to "O"'s back in the late 70's. Whether a good thing or not, at the moment I seem attracted to one of the newer models and now mostly to the multi-hole models. I want something a little less traditional but yet playable and with decent sound and projection. I'm moving away from the 128 and probably the 148 and am now considering the CC48 in Black. I like the on-board tuner and Gold Machines on the CC48. Otherwise, I'm not convinced that there is any other substantial difference between the 148 and CC48...anyone know? I've been offered a new CC48 for $339.99 delivered.
Another point of consideration for me is that Ovation warranties are not transferable so used is less attractive to me for this reason and the Ovation verses the Applause warranty is much longer, albeit for parts only after 2 years. I hope to buy some higher end stuff in the next few years but hope the models I am considering as a beginner will perform for me until then.

Regards All!
Steve
MWoody
Posted 2010-10-21 8:58 AM (#2714 - in reply to #2709)

"I hope to buy some higher end stuff in the next few years"

We'll take good care of you along that line! :)

Welcome to the Shark Tank... er, club!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)