The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Need info on Viper

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

Trophyfish
Posted 2019-04-15 6:18 PM (#547705)
Subject: Need info on Viper

I purchased a Viper in about 1980. The purchase was made at a music store and the purchase was new and not used. I never really played it much and has sat around for about 30 years. I am trying to now sell it and have it listed on REVERB at https://reverb.com/item/21495005-ovation-viper-1271 The finish is the rough finish like on the bowls of the acoustics and not the satin finish. It is solid black and not burst. The neck is maple with ebony fretboards. Some information I have received indicates that the neck was replaced and that the guitar was refinished. Again, the guitar was purchased as a new guitar in 1980, which is compatible with the serial number. Thus the guitar had to come from the factory as pictured.

I did bring it into a music shop and had them do a set up and check it out along with putting new strings on before I listed it for sale. They could not find any info on it either in regards to the paint scheme.

One idea that has floated was that it was a "special order." If so, is there any way I can verify such?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)