The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
German made Ovation Pinnacle

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Harvey
Posted 2019-01-18 11:50 AM (#546634)
Subject: German made Ovation Pinnacle

Hi everyone. First post on here and after seeing how little information there is out there on the German made Ovations from the early 1990's I thought I'd share with you all what I now know after buying one. If anyone can add to this then I'd be glad to hear from you. The guitar is a Pinnacle Series D 3826 and it is a very well made instrument as you would expect from the Germans. The finish is superb and a match for any high end guitar. I am going to attempt to post photos but forgive me if that doesn't work as I can't see an attach photo button. The information that I have got has been gleaned from all over including here and I hope it's correct.
Photo link attempt: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsMFXVft2xIoi8wSBD0wvHf9xYjdKw

Ovation Pinnacle Series D3862
Serial number 438240
Date of manufacture 1989-1991

OVATION PINNACLE [MODEL NUMBER: MODEL 3862]
6 STRING ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC
BODY TYPE: SUPER-SHALLOW C/A
TOP: SOLID SPRUCE
BRACING: MODIFIED
SCALE LENGTH: 25 1/4"
FRETBOARD: ROSEWOOD
FRET INLAY: DOTS
BRIDGE: ROSEWOOD
ROSETTE: OVATION PERLOID INSERT
PICK UP: PIEZOELECTRIC
NUTWIDTH: 1 11/16"
MACHINES: SCHALLER NICKEL
Ovation installs Acoustic Strings that are gauged at .053 .042 .032 .024 .016 .012 in inches at their factory on the Pinnacle.
This guitar was made to the highest possible standards in the Shadow guitar factory in Germany.
Shadow Electronics was founded in 1971 in Erlangen, Germany by Joe Marinic who continues to own and operate the company today. The original concept was to make solid body guitars and pickups, but Joe ultimately decided to focus solely on pickups. Not long after the company’s founding, Shadow invented the world’s first undersaddle pickup (“Shadow 1”) for acoustic and classical guitars. The world’s first violin pickup wasn’t far behind. The invention of the first piezo bridge for electric guitars and the world’s first active humbucker with a built-in equalizer were major Shadow milestones during the late ‘70s and early ‘80s. Jazz legend Attila Zoller and Shadow also co-designed a new jazz guitar pickup (SH AZ 48) during this period. Shadow began producing guitars in Germany in 1987 using their cutting edge production and manufacturing techniques. Being in control of all aspects of their guitar and pickup production allowed Shadow to match their systems specifically to each guitar for the most complimentary sound.

Best regards
Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)