The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
USA Ovation???

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

MantraSky
Posted 2018-12-31 8:06 PM (#546348)
Subject: USA Ovation???

I was wondering if Ovation guitars were built in USA anymore? (Since DW purchased).
I just bought a Custom Shop 1868LXT-5 "Dark Matter" Limited Edition USA and wanted to know if I made a good decision. In the last 10yrs I've owned Martin & Taylor both wonderful builders but I've also owned a few Elite
and an Adamas before then and I've always liked the "Super Shallow" I just wanted to check on the status.
Possibly the members could chime in..... any Issues?

Lifetime Warranty? / Quality / Materials / Hardware.

Thank You.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2018-12-31 9:16 PM (#546349 - in reply to #546348)
Subject: Re: USA Ovation???

Hi MantraSky,Ovations are no longer made in the US so you got one of the last USA made ovations,DW did make US guitars for a couple years but closed down the US plant in New Hartford earlier this year.
In reference to your original post and this one the materials in the Dark Matter model will be better than the TX version,US guitars Had AAA spruce tops and ebony fretboards as well as bolt on necks and a higher level or workmanship in the hand crafted US plant as opposed to the mass produced Korean guitars.
This should be a really sweet guitar if you like shallow bowls and an excellent stage guitar,if you want more info on the specs contact Alex Pepiak at Lost Art Vintage he is a Ovation dealer and should have all the specs,
Congrats on the new guitar hope you get it soon.

Standingovation
Posted 2018-12-31 9:19 PM (#546350 - in reply to #546348)

I do not believe there is any active USA production at this time.
MantraSky
Posted 2019-01-01 2:26 AM (#546351 - in reply to #546348)

This has me really worried about "Future Repair" needs if any? Where would you take the guitar if say "The Neck is Twisted?" and has to be replaced???
I would "Only" take the Instrument to an Official USA Ovation Facility. This might have been a bad mistake on my part.

Thank You folks for the information.
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2019-01-01 10:28 AM (#546355 - in reply to #546348)

Ovation necks are generally considered to be very solid and the LX design with dual truss rods is an excellent neck,I think issues like twisting are vary rare.DW is still maintaining a customer service dept and warranty work in the US,I think it might be nashville TN,play your new guitar and see how you like it,with proper care it should last for years.
MantraSky
Posted 2019-01-01 12:44 PM (#546357 - in reply to #546348)

Thanks for the reply! I did have an Adamas that the neck “twisted” and had to be replaced! But at that time about 15yrs ago the plant manager
Instead of replacing the neck, he “replaced the whole guitar” that I thought was very considerate and professional. I just don’t know if “Today”
That same level of professionalism exists when “All the Indicators” suggest that Ovation is Dead?

I just need to know that there is a support network like Martin & Taylor, years ago Ovation was a novelty but today, there are more superior instruments.
FlySig
Posted 2019-01-01 4:00 PM (#546360 - in reply to #546348)

The repair shop has been fully capable of all repairs even after production of new USA guitars shut down. Idk what the capability is in Nashville currently.
PEZ
Posted 2019-01-02 4:53 PM (#546379 - in reply to #546348)

There is a place in Hendersonville that repairs ovations. Its north of Nashville. I have not used but a friend has.
alpep
Posted 2019-01-02 8:13 PM (#546383 - in reply to #546348)

currently there is no usa production
PEZ
Posted 2019-01-03 5:24 PM (#546390 - in reply to #546379)

PEZ - 2019-01-02 4:53 PM

There is a place in Hendersonville that repairs ovations. Its north of Nashville. I have not used but a friend has.

I have a contact number if anyone needs it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)