The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Prime Vibing my Celebrity

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

arumako
Posted 2018-12-23 10:45 AM (#546232)
Subject: Prime Vibing my Celebrity

Some time ago Dan Savage of BFLG fame gave me a tip that Prime Vibe was on sale for $32.99. For an additional $23.99, they shipped the unit to Japan. Cool. This unit basically turns the guitar into a speaker, and I'm amazed at the quality of the audio reproduction - a testament to how resonant Os are engineered.. yep, even my "Christmas Green" CC247-GS reproduces the audio with clarity and balance.

PV Celebrity

It's been suspended in my makeshift PV jig (using two tripods) for 8 hours. Manufacturer apparently recommends 168 hours! So my Celebrity will be resonating my favorite guitarist Al Di Meola's guitar playing for an additional 160 hours! Will Prime Vibe get my Celebrity to sound just a little bit more like a USA made O? Let the marathon begin!

Edited by arumako 2018-12-23 11:03 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2018-12-23 1:34 PM (#546233 - in reply to #546232)
Subject: Re: Prime Vibing my Celebrity

Very cool Arumako I'm interested in what the results will be.
I've considered using a Prime Vibe on some of my O's that look like they've never really been played.
I'm also a big DiMeola fan he was one of my inspirations for first getting an Ovation,I can't play anything like him but love the sound of his Custom Legends!!
tpa
Posted 2018-12-23 4:58 PM (#546234 - in reply to #546232)

Have you remembered to make recordings of the before condition? ;-)
arumako
Posted 2018-12-25 9:33 AM (#546251 - in reply to #546233)

2wheeldrummer - 2018-12-23 3:34 AM

I've considered using a Prime Vibe on some of my O's that look like they've never really been played.
I'm also a big DiMeola fan he was one of my inspirations for first getting an Ovation,I can't play anything like him but love the sound of his Custom Legends!!

I'll let you know how it goes. Hoping some of that DiMeola vibe rubes off onto the guitar, LOL. No way the Celebrity will come out of this sounding like a CL! All kidding aside, I've no doubt USA Os would benefit from a PV session (unless the top is torrefied. One of Dan's projects featured PV with some level of improved resonance. Don't remember the specific project, but that's what gave me the idea of using PV on my laminated topped Celebritys. So, if the results are favorable, I'll definitely put my nylon string, CS249, through the treatment too.

@tpa - Nah... thought about taking audio samples, but noticed there were already some YT videos that verified PVs effectiveness. One of them even used a software based spectrum analyzer with suprising results. Besides, when I've tried comparative videos in the past, I find my picking consistency to be woefully lacking... I inevitably end up playing the guitar in the "after" condition much harder to rationalize my results. I don't mean to do it, but I seem incapable of putting together consistent performances for an "objective" assessment. So, the results for this comparison will be purely subjective... still, I must admit, my expectations are very high...
BCam
Posted 2018-12-26 12:36 PM (#546272 - in reply to #546232)

I suppose that if it makes you happier with your guitar, it's worth doing whether or not you have scientific proof of the benefit. I'm intrigued with the process and posted a while ago about trying a DIY approach but haven't yet tried it out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)