The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New guy

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Southpa
Posted 2018-11-26 2:29 AM (#545948)
Subject: New guy

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Al. As I've just acquired another guitar and it happened to be an Ovation this time I figured I may as well edumicate myself about Ovations. I'm a builder, restorer and repairer of guitars but after all those years I've only owned 2 of these guitars. One was a full sized bowl, fixed it and sold it to a neighbor and the other is this new - old one. Its one of the early (ser. no. 5293) Glen Campbell signatures 1127-4. Got it for $150 Cdn. and it needs some work. Got a broken off headstock and there may be some internal failure, possibly bridge plate and / or bracing. I've bought quite a few guitars just to fix 'em, have about 40 (yes, 40 guitars and banjos) that I've built and collected over the years. I sell a few here and there and I'm the kind of guy who will fix your guitar for a box of beer!

I'll try to make the rounds in here, but I'm also in a few other forums and my time is spread kinda thin these days what with reality intervening periodically. I can't wait to retire from my job and start really cranking out guitars.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)