The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Celebrity Electric GC-3-5 Hardbody

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

timbird
Posted 2018-11-02 2:20 PM (#545734)
Subject: Celebrity Electric GC-3-5 Hardbody

Tim from the Glover, VT, USA here, and I'm having troubles I hope you can help me with. I have a Celebrity Electric GC-3-5, and I absolutely love it, and up until now have had no problems with it whatsoever.
Unfortunately when I was playing the other day, I hit my whammy bar and heard a crack, and then I lost tuning, and realized that the aluminum casting where the bridge plate and whammy were mounted had snapped inside the threading.
I've been looking for replacements or parts online without much luck. Can you suggest somewhere I could find this assembly, or recommend a comparable replacement? I would love to keep genuine Ovation parts ideally, but I enjoy this guitar enough I'd do whatever it takes to get back to playing it. Floyd Rose? Thanks in advance for any help, Tim.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2018-11-02 4:28 PM (#545737 - in reply to #545734)
Subject: Re: Celebrity Electric GC-3-5 Hardbody

I am thinking that a Floyd Rose would need a cutaway in the body.
But I could be wrong.
Maybe the new two-point Fender strat bridge would work.

You could contact Alpep on this forum, or at his real website http://www.lostartvintage.com/

Very few people can respond in the "Welcome Center" so I have upgraded your Membership.
Welcome.

You should post this in the General Posting section where more people can respond.
Maybe someone has the part that you need.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)