The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New to the Forum and as the welcome says I have a question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

mlampner
Posted 2018-08-18 4:02 PM (#544945)
Subject: New to the Forum and as the welcome says I have a question

Hi all my name is Marty Lampner. I have a 15 or 16 year old Ovation Celebrity 12 string I believe its a CS-255, with the OP 30 Preamp.

I love the guitar bought it new when I was traveling and never regretted the purchase. It is one of six guitars I own but very much a favorite and sees much use. I rarely plug it into my amp so I am not sure when this problem happened but somewhere since the last time I used it with an amp a problem has developed.

I went to patch in and got no sound. Tried a new battery and a few other things none worked. As I was getting ready to unplug and try another guitar I could hear it connect. I found that if I left the plug out about 3/8ths of inch it worked. (That is just after the dentin passes the probe. Unfortunately its not a stable connection so I need to figure out what is wrong. At least at first blush it seems like the jack is failing but not knowing anythign about how its wired I am looking for some help.

I am glad to be part of the group and hope someone has experienced this problem and can offer a helping hand.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2018-08-18 10:04 PM (#544951 - in reply to #544945)
Subject: Re: New to the Forum and as the welcome says I have a question

Hi Marty.
In the old days we would tell you to contact the Factory.
Go to GuitarFetish and get one of THESE
Buy Two, they are on Sale. Have one for later.
It will plug into the "can" for the OP-30, and it is easy to reach in the back to swap-out the old jack.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)