The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1867 Legend

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Tiffer
Posted 2018-06-19 10:15 AM (#544151)
Subject: 1867 Legend

First post with a queston. I have a CC44 Celebrity (2006) and a new Celebrity CA28P-KOAB. Last night the monthly acoustic jam at my local store the sales rep woh is a good friend and also who runs the jam showed me an Ovation he had just taken in on trade which he thought I may be interested in. It is an 1867 Legend which serial number 503136 would indicate it is a 1996 model per the serial number reference guide on this forum.

The guitar is spotless comes with the Ovation hard case and I can get for under $500. However, to do so would require my getting rid of the KOAB which is still under GC's 45 day return policy. Being retired and on a fix income I am not in a position to purchase one without getting rid of one (you know how wives can be that way). The KOAB I can simply return to GC and have money left over from the purchase.

If this is a 22 yrs old Ovation what should I be looking at that would be of concern going forward. It plays nice (played it for an hour last night at the jam) and both the top and bowl are in great shape. I saw no cracking or sinking of the top and no damage to the bowl. The fretboard and frets looked in good shape and the electonics work. I'm familiar wood guitars and what to look for, but know little to nothing on Ovations.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2018-06-19 7:23 PM (#544154 - in reply to #544151)
Subject: Re: 1867 Legend

If you have already played it, and it plays just fine, you have answered you own question.
If you don't see any cracks and the frets are in good shape...
If you liked the way it plays...
Go for it!

Today I took a 45+ Year-old Ovation 1111 out to play on the Street.
It worked just fine.
Old Ovations are no more prone to sudden failure that any other brand of guitar.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2018-06-20 2:35 AM (#544157 - in reply to #544151)

An Ovation is one of the few guitars, excluding collectors instruments, that you can purchase, play for 30 years, even make a living with it, and sell it for the same you paid for it. Not in all cases, but in the majority. To take what OMA stated a step further, not only are old Ovations no more prone to sudden failure than any other brand of guitar but in fact LESS prone to ANY failure than most any other guitar.
Tiffer
Posted 2018-06-20 1:18 PM (#544164 - in reply to #544151)

OMA, MR. O thank you both for your replies. As I said I'm not real familiar with Ovations compared to other guitars so again thank you both for your input.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)