The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New owner of an Applause AA14-1 looking for info

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Bbick
Posted 2018-04-29 9:27 PM (#543462)
Subject: New owner of an Applause AA14-1 looking for info

Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I recently acquired my wife’s grandfathers Applause AA14–1. Was looking for some info on it and came across the fan club. It’s an interesting guitar in that it has a sticker in it that states “service test model, not for resale”. The serial number is 00145. How would one find out when it was made?Anyone know what these were used for? Are they like a salesman sample? The bridge is starting to come off so I am going to get it fixed, and I know these weren’t the best guitars to come out of the factory but it has sentimental value. Just looking for info/ history of these guitars. Thanks for any help or insite. Can’t wait to get it fixed and string it up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2018-04-30 2:53 PM (#543464 - in reply to #543462)
Subject: Re: New owner of an Applause AA14-1 looking for info

This is interesting. Upon your response, we'll make a full member so you can post in the main section where more people can answer. The first Applause guitars were assembled in the USA. The "service test" sticker along with the style of serial number leads me to believe (without any real evidence to back it up) that this guitar likely was one of the early ones made in the USA and the serial number may mean something. Most Celebrity and Applause guitars the serial number was only for registration with the dealer as there was no warranty to speak of beyond that and so the serial numbers are meaningless. But this may be different.
Bbick
Posted 2018-04-30 3:55 PM (#543467 - in reply to #543462)

I will get some pictures of it posted later tonight if possible. There is some back story on the origins of the guitar but I want to get that sorted out before I comment on it. Thanks for the quick reply!
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2018-04-30 4:00 PM (#543468 - in reply to #543462)

You've been upgraded to full status to post in the General forums.. When you get the photo's we'd love to hear the story too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)