The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Greetings to the OFC from Mr. Budny

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

arumako
Posted 2018-04-25 5:15 PM (#543406)
Subject: Greetings to the OFC from Mr. Budny

Hello OFC,
Hope all of you are doing well. Like many of you, I'm just reelin' from the news coming out of New Hartford. Been on both sides of the restructuring fence (on more occasions than I care to remember) and it ain't ever pretty from either side, but one hopes that people are treated with dignity even as our capitalistic societies demand adjustments regardless of personal preferences or circumstances. Praying for the 8 making the transition at the Mother Ship. Been playing and appreciating my USA Os like never before.

Had the opportunity to e-mail Mr. Budny (who, as he's done for so many, helped me on various occasions in the past) and he sent me a nice response. Asked him if I could share it here, as he wanted to greet you all. I recognize there are seven others and know I'm a junior member here and all, but I thought some of you might appreciate hearing from him, so I hope you all don't mind my sharing a portion of his e-mail...

I am just laying low right now getting over the shock so kinda quiet, it did not go bad with management. It has been 45 years, long time a lot to deal with. I am close to retirement so working on all that. It is a nice time of year and a lot of fishing to do. I have not had 3 days off in a row for the past 3 years so looking forward to some time off.

Thanks for the kind words, stay in touch and say hi to all the fan club guys for me.
Might have to break down and set up a FB page been holding out for a long time..

Take care,

John

Hats off to the gang at the Mother Ship and to Mr. Budny. Really feel fortunate to have been able to associate with the folks at NH over the past few years. The 50th Anniversary Resurrection was something to behold (and continue to hold)! You know, one of those memorable events in life that won't be forgotten!

Meanwhile, I'm getting my fishing gear ready myself for some late spring river fishing. Salted and grilled river trout and sweet fish over here are just heavenly. You know how those Japanese love eating fish! Gotta remember to bring along one of my Os for some outdoor jamming - a USA O that is...

Edited by arumako 2018-04-25 5:24 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-04-25 8:45 PM (#543408 - in reply to #543406)
Subject: Re: Greetings to the OFC from Mr. Budny

Thanks for the message forward, Ken. Glad to know that John is collected and looking ahead. He is a great guy, though it all sucks no matter which side of this issue one is on. In the meantime, here are some paraphrased words that I hope will help to enlighten the forward-thinking spirits of all--

"In the sunsets of life, always remember that parties start in the evening."
--Charlie Kaman

Edited by Love O Fair 2018-04-25 8:52 PM
PEZ
Posted 2018-05-16 1:28 PM (#543682 - in reply to #543406)

It makes me nervious NOT have John there for customer service. I wish him well.
DetlefMichel
Posted 2018-05-17 4:00 AM (#543688 - in reply to #543406)

John Budny should become a honorary member of the OFC, if something of the kind exists.
alpep
Posted 2018-05-17 8:57 AM (#543689 - in reply to #543406)

not sure if John would want to join until his affiliation with the brand is totally gone.

but he is welcome and I know that he lurks ......
FlySig
Posted 2018-05-17 10:13 AM (#543690 - in reply to #543406)

John was the face of Ovation for so many of us. I hope whomever is there now will do as good a job as John did. I am seeing some mention on Facebook about stellar repair work coming out of the Mothership, which is encouraging.
BCam
Posted 2018-05-17 10:27 AM (#543691 - in reply to #543406)

I wonder if John will do independent repair work in retirement on a part time basis.
alpep
Posted 2018-05-17 5:19 PM (#543694 - in reply to #543406)

John is not really a repair guy he was the customer service rep and took care of phone calls etc

as for repairs coming out of New Hartford I was told that they are only now doing warranty work
Phil Wong
Posted 2018-05-21 9:28 PM (#543731 - in reply to #543406)

Wishing all the best for John and the remaining crew.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)