The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Simple Question.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

DaveKell
Posted 2018-04-03 8:56 AM (#542015)
Subject: Simple Question.

I'm still currently Ovationless after selling my last USA made one. I waited a day too late to return to a music store in a nearby town to buy the NOS Balladeer that was an old school acoustic only. It had never left the music store's storeroom in all these years and I negotiated them down to $400 with the case. I shouldn't negotiate with no cash in my pockets, but told 'em I'd be back for it. My thoughts ran the gamut of "been there, done that" with that model 2 or 3 times now, to "I really want another Elite style with the epaulets". In the end, I decided there was a reason I had so many Balladeers in the past and went back for it only to learn the music store owner's son had taken a shine to it. The kid had good taste.

Here's the question. IS THERE an import model you guys rank right up there all the way with a USA made Ovation?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2018-04-03 1:01 PM (#542021 - in reply to #542015)
Subject: Re: Simple Question.

Simple answer
No

Find something used often the same cost as import
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-04-03 1:30 PM (#542022 - in reply to #542015)

I still find used USA Ovations in excellent condition all the time online (or even in pawn shops) that outshine the brand new imports. A few years ago I bought a 1769 Custom Legend in mint shape from a lady on Craigslist for $650 (though I sold it back to her for the same $650 when her financial crisis was over). You just have to be diligent, patient, and have that cash on hand. Good luck and good shopping.
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2018-04-03 7:08 PM (#542028 - in reply to #542015)

Go with US made,there are still a lot of nice used US Ovations out there.
I'm not a big fan of GTR Center but they always have a big selection of used ovations on there website
or see if someone on here has one that isn't getting much use that they'll part with

Oddball
Posted 2018-04-03 11:04 PM (#542033 - in reply to #542015)

+1 for GC. Recently acquired a pristine 1990s Hartford-made 1868 for $400 - with the original HSC - at my local Guitar Center. Online they're still averaging almost twice that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)