The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
WTB- Preacher/Viper/Ukii body

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Fisch
Posted 2018-03-23 6:55 AM (#541814)
Subject: WTB- Preacher/Viper/Ukii body

Hi folks. I bought a NOS solid body neck and used in a custom self amplified guitar a number of years ago. I am thinking about removing it and putting together an Ovation custom.

The only Ovation bits I own are this neck and some Ovation gold/pearloid tuners.

I am hoping to find a loaded body, or at least one with a bridge. (I know that is a tall order, lol.) I am no stranger to customizing guitars, so I can get creative if need be and would also take a naked body too. (Who wouldn't!)

(My custom Teisco.)

This one on Reverb would have been great, but I somehow missed it.
https://reverb.com/item/10865834-ovation-preacher-guitar-body-1970s

Bonus points if it is black/grey-burst as I may not even have to paint my neck in that case.

Here is what I have. It was a fun guitar, but these days I am less concerned with portability. I will most likely put this amp body in mothballs in case I ever want to put The Robot back together.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2018-03-23 12:18 PM (#541817 - in reply to #541814)
Subject: Re: WTB- Preacher/Viper/Ukii body

My guess it that's a UKII neck, just because I've seen a lot more of those in grayburst than I have on Preachers. But I haven't seen as many Preachers as I've seen UKIIs. Check on the Ovation Tribute site. Jerome has lots of pictures of the different Ovation models that will give you a pretty good idea.
Fisch
Posted 2018-03-23 12:35 PM (#541818 - in reply to #541817)

Thanks for the reply. Ironically I painted the neck this color myself, not knowing it was close to a stock Ovation color. I just wanted it gray like a robot. When I got this neck it was totally unfinished, raw wood, not even a clear coat. And the frets are still not dressed/finished!

That is why I am hoping to find a grayburst body. I know it won't match perfectly as there is a bit of sparkle in my gray, but I would claim serendipity if I actually find a greyburst body!

standing
Posted 2018-03-24 10:26 AM (#541841 - in reply to #541814)

Edit: (My comment/questions moved to related general discussion thread.)

Edited by standing 2018-03-24 10:37 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)