The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Kerrville Emerging Songwriters Competition

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Darkbar
Posted 2019-10-02 11:03 AM (#549988 - in reply to #541433)
Subject: Re: Kerrville Emerging Songwriters Competition

The hairs on the back of my neck were suddenly standing up, so I knew I was being talked about somewhere.

What the heck is wrong with THIS thread, Dave? There sure have been a lot WORSE ones over the years...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DaveKell
Posted 2019-10-03 4:47 PM (#550002 - in reply to #549988)
Subject: Re: Kerrville Emerging Songwriters Competition

Darkbar - 2019-10-02 11:03 AM

The hairs on the back of my neck were suddenly standing up, so I knew I was being talked about somewhere.

What the heck is wrong with THIS thread, Dave? There sure have been a lot WORSE ones over the years...

Don't believe I said anything was wrong with it. When it popped back up and I read Duane's Eyes again I suddenly found myself going around singing the chorus again a number of times a day. Took me forever to get it out of my mind the LAST time!
Ellem Ennopee
Posted 2019-12-24 10:00 AM (#550795 - in reply to #549853)
Subject: RE: Kerrville Emerging Songwriters Competition

[QUOTE

I finally made it to the songwriter circle DaveKell invited me to and heard him play this song. I also met the very genteel lady at the coffee house the song is about. Too bad Mr. Dave didn't post a link to a recording of this, it's a very exciting song to hear in person plus he played two blistering bluegrass like solos in it. I remember how he announced the song. It went "this song is a little out of my range. Truthfully, the only range I have is in my kitchen". I didn't participate in the songwriter part or the open mic, I just wanted to go and watch the first time.

Sorry if I should have started a new post about this instead of finding my comments on this older one. I'm not sure of the rules on forums. I saw Davekell at another open mic last week. He had some news to share there. He was asked to send songs to a studio in nashville for a cousin of a famous old time country star who is recording an album. I think he said he sent them six songs. He mentioned an old friend there who is helping him with this stuff. His friend told him studio players are working out arranging a couple of them they said might be on the album. By the way, when I asked him if he told everybody here this he told me he's been too busy to get online for some time now. He told me this woman is recording her second album though.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)