The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Kerrville Emerging Songwriters Competition

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

DaveKell
Posted 2018-02-28 9:01 AM (#541433)
Subject: Kerrville Emerging Songwriters Competition

I've been writing quite a few songs lately. I've sent recordings and lyrics to three friends who are writers and recording artists. Two of them expressed an interest in recording one song each from what I sent on their next cd's. Their praise of my efforts is mind blowing, especially considering one of them has had his songs recorded by John Denver, Garth Brooks, Charlie Pride and Dianna Ross. He said my lyric writing is "as good as it gets".

I'm not expecting anything to come from being part of a field of 800 entries, but one never knows. If you're selected, there are several performance competitions at the Kerrville Festival where you do your two songs. I'd be utterly terrified! I don't write expecting recognition or financial compensation. I write because I have to. Still, I'm going to have a degree of anxiety until April 15th when winners are announced. Let's see what the Universe decides for me.

If anyone asks for links to recordings, I'll have to post them when I get back from a cruise to Mexico I'm leaving on in a few minutes until March 10th.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Darkbar
Posted 2018-02-28 4:08 PM (#541438 - in reply to #541433)
Subject: Re: Kerrville Emerging Songwriters Competition

I'm not sure I can wait until March 10th.
nerdydave
Posted 2018-03-01 11:32 PM (#541445 - in reply to #541433)

Cruise to Mexico? Glad you are healthy enough to do such a thing. Hope you are taking a guitar to sing songs old new and in between as the sun sets over the ocean ending another perfect day of reverie and camaraderie.
DaveKell
Posted 2018-03-13 9:26 AM (#541608 - in reply to #541433)

Have to skip the offer to post mp3's of the songs. I recently was given a book written by one of Nashville's most successful songwriters, with over 300 of his songs recorded. As soon as I learned he was friends with my songwriter friend in Nashville I had been sending my songs to he actually sent me a Facebook friend request. He told me not to post my songs online without registered copyrights and an artist's performance organization membership. My friend told me he'd speak to him about receiving my songs since he steadfastly refuses unsolicited material. My friend said he was certain the author would be interested in what I've written/recorded. Too many things are falling into place with this. 65th birthday in Cozumel was a blast and only required two more days at sea to recover from the fine Mexican tequila.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2018-03-13 10:31 AM (#541610 - in reply to #541433)

You're about a month ahead of me. Happy Birthday and good luck.
Darkbar
Posted 2018-03-13 4:20 PM (#541617 - in reply to #541433)

Dang it!!!
I was so looking forward to reading the lyrics for:

Duane's Eyes
Tour Bus Tango
Opioid Haze
Batsh*t Crazy
and
Bust My Bubble Again
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-03-13 5:52 PM (#541618 - in reply to #541433)

Darkbar.. no sweat. You'll surely be able to catch them on the radio (though "Tour Bus Tango" will be banned in 34 countries) and at that point we'll be able to say "we knew him when".
nerdydave
Posted 2018-03-15 9:25 PM (#541656 - in reply to #541433)

Poor Dave Kell seem about to trip the light fantastic leaving the rest of us here wondering what we coulda/shoulda done to escape our lives of quiet desperation!!
Darkbar
Posted 2018-03-17 9:47 AM (#541673 - in reply to #541433)

UPDATE: DaveKell just "tripped the light fantastic", fracturing his spine for the 38th time, requiring ANOTHER round of surgery. On the plus side, it gives him more material and lots of time to write the next big hit.
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-03-17 1:46 PM (#541677 - in reply to #541433)

Actually, I believe surgery #20 was his first for spinal issues. It stemmed from a cable snapping on some gym equipment, which, by complete miracle, just weeks later found him tripping the light fantastic with tequila on a Mexican cruise ship with a broken neck. An amazing feat for a 15-year-old, let alone a man of 65. As reported by Dave himself, the first 19 surgeries were for intestinal problems (which I'd imagine were further cauterized by the aforesaid tequila). In other words, it takes a lot of guts and backbone to write songs the caliber of his.
Darkbar
Posted 2018-03-17 4:32 PM (#541682 - in reply to #541677)

Love O Fair - 2018-03-17 2:46 PM

In other words, it takes a lot of guts and backbone to write songs the caliber of his.

Wait! We have never HEARD a song of his... (my guess is, it takes a lot of guts and backbone to LISTEN to a song of his)

Edited by Darkbar 2018-03-17 4:34 PM
DaveKell
Posted 2018-03-18 9:37 AM (#541691 - in reply to #541677)

Love O Fair - 2018-03-17 1:46 PM

Actually, I believe surgery #20 was his first for spinal issues. It stemmed from a cable snapping on some gym equipment, which, by complete miracle, just weeks later found him tripping the light fantastic with tequila on a Mexican cruise ship with a broken neck. An amazing feat for a 15-year-old, let alone a man of 65. As reported by Dave himself, the first 19 surgeries were for intestinal problems (which I'd imagine were further cauterized by the aforesaid tequila). In other words, it takes a lot of guts and backbone to write songs the caliber of his.

Facts on the gym injuries. When the seat I was on rocketed back and hit the end stop on the rail it created three compression fractures. Since the vertebrae involved aren't "collapsing", the neurosurgeon has opted to let them heal on their own as opposed to injecting an expanding cement in all three of them. Compression fractures often cause people to lose physical height (they get shorter). Isn't happening to me. The whiplash from the sudden stop on the chair dislocated a disc in my cervical spine (that's in your neck) and the disc is shoved what looks like about a quarter inch into my spinal cord from the mri images. That is the location of the fusion where they will remove the disc and fuse the vertebrae. I still function normally as a bipedal human being, my tequila consumption capabilities unimpaired, although my bipedal ability suffers considerably after too much of it. Darkbar, bipedal means creatures who walk upright on two legs.

Last Thursday I attended a songwriters circle at a local venue where I played four of my songs. A gigantic Dan Haggerty looking dude in bib overalls came up to me afterwards and said he had a professional recording studio and has several pro musicians on call for sessions. He said "man you are a great lyricist, we should get some professional demos done for you". My biggest impediment is, unlike you Darkbar, I was not blessed with an excellent singing voice. I resemble Leo Kottke's description of his voice, "I sound like a duck fart in November". Not to worry though. Another attendee, an excellent fingerstylist and vocalist with a voice that's a cross between Elvis and Ricky Skaggs, introduced himself to me and asked if I'd cowrite a few songs he's stuck on. I said sure, if you'll sing on my demos. A deal was struck.

As for when my fusion surgery will happen.... my insurance company declined for a second time to cover it. They said I need "more history with the injury". Which I translate as they hope I simply die from it before they have to shell out. It's in a binding third party review process now. Not looking forward to it since learning the incision will go through the front of my neck to access the bulging disc pressing forward into my spinal cord. I'm sure you'll all know hen I've had the surgery if I dare to post here because of the crazy switch narcotic pain meds switch on in my brain. A fact I've admitted to and apologized for profusely.
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-03-18 12:48 PM (#541695 - in reply to #541433)

Hello, Dave..

Gym injury: I guess this is a mystery that has us all confused here. At least it is for me. When leg pressing, the seat is ALREADY pressing backward to a full stop. A cable snap will "rocket" the FEET forward, not the seat backwards; thus, releasing inertia pressure from the seat, not applying it. Perhaps you could describe the mechanics of the apparatus failure, and how this law of physics changed for you that day. Or, maybe it's just that your lyrical talent has gone temporarily awry and you are confusing the rhyme of "feet" with "seat". Inquiring minds would like to know, and it might make a good practice run for when you take the witness stand in your lawsuit.

Musical compositions: FYI, the most fundamental rule of US copyright law clearly states that the creator owns the rights to what they create the instant it is created. Registration merely places a copy of it into the Library of Congress to publicly record ownership. I have handled and processed thousands of pieces of literary works of others and fully understand these parameters. Is it a good idea to register your works? Sure. Is it required to defend them? Nope. Regardless of registration or not, copyright disputes to a legal ending are required to be settled in court. Courts require process and witnesses, not just a piece of paper from the LOC. On your amateur level of the game, your association with SO many PROLIFIC songwriters, studio owners and producers is a testament to your ability to defend your copyrights to the pieces they witness and work on with you. As well, millions and millions of people have posted millions and millions of their original works on various online mediums, and we have yet to hear of anyone's pieces being stolen and capitalized on to that level of legal ending against them. In other words, your copyright fears are relatively dark-ages-obsolete.

Your work is safe with us! Please feel free to post your boast. Love to hear them. Aside from that rendering of display and appraisal, it is clear that anyone else's work is today as it stands exactly the same level and quality as yours.

~LOF~

Edited by Love O Fair 2018-03-18 1:18 PM
Darkbar
Posted 2018-03-18 4:21 PM (#541697 - in reply to #541433)

Seriously Dave, I doubt anyone here on the Ovation forum is gonna steal your lyrics, rush out to Sony records, and make a million $'s selling your song to them. (If they were to do that, I'm sure they would get banned from the forum) But whatever...I guess we can all wait for your Grammy nomination.
Oh, and thanks for your clarification on "bipedal". I was sure it meant a cyclist who rode in either direction.
DaveKell
Posted 2018-03-18 6:30 PM (#541700 - in reply to #541695)

Love O Fair - 2018-03-18 12:48 PM

Hello, Dave..

Gym injury: I guess this is a mystery that has us all confused here. At least it is for me. When leg pressing, the seat is ALREADY pressing backward to a full stop. A cable snap will "rocket" the FEET forward, not the seat backwards; thus, releasing inertia pressure from the seat, not applying it. Perhaps you could describe the mechanics of the apparatus failure, and how this law of physics changed for you that day.

Funny how these comments seem to strike me as thinly veiled aspersions to the veracity of my description of the injurys cause. An exercise book I bought before beginning my two years of working out four times weekly had a picture of a leg press machine with a similar weight cable lifting system but a different seating mechanism. So I'd surmise you are only familiar with the apparatus you've personally used before and indeed not entirely versed in the mechanisms employed by ALL manufacturers. All I can tell you is when the weight was at the top the lifting cable broke and the plate I was pressing sprang back against my feet. In the very same instant the mechanism locking my seat in place on the rail failed for some reason and I was indeed "rocketed" on the rail to my ultimate destination, that being an end stop with sudden impact force on my back. If you'd like, give me an email address and I'll forward you a pic of the offending machine to analyze further. I'm certain no laws of physics were violated that day.

Or, maybe it's just that your lyrical talent has gone temporarily awry and you are confusing the rhyme of "feet" with "seat".

No, but thanks for the suggestion in case I'm ever stuck on a rhyming convention with those two words.

Inquiring minds would like to know, and it might make a good practice run for when you take the witness stand in your lawsuit.

Musical compositions: FYI, the most fundamental rule of US copyright law clearly states that the creator owns the rights to what they create the instant it is created. Registration merely places a copy of it into the Library of Congress to publicly record ownership. I have handled and processed thousands of pieces of literary works of others and fully understand these parameters.

So one could assume your full understanding of the complexities came from a prestigious law school?

Is it a good idea to register your works? Sure. Is it required to defend them? Nope. Regardless of registration or not, copyright disputes to a legal ending are required to be settled in court. Courts require process and witnesses, not just a piece of paper from the LOC. On your amateur level of the game, your association with SO many PROLIFIC songwriters, studio owners and producers is a testament to your ability to defend your copyrights to the pieces they witness and work on with you.

I believe I only mentioned one friend who is, actually WAS, a prolific and gifted songwriter. That hardly qualifies as "SO many". He's retired now and not directly connected with the industry anymore, save for occasional Bluebird Cafe appearances and a close friendship with a Vince Gill band member who wrote a few of Vince's hits. I've only met ONE studio owner. Sorry, but I've yet to encounter a producer, and at my "amateur level" really haven't learned what a producer actually does.

As well, millions and millions of people have posted millions and millions of their original works on various online mediums, and we have yet to hear of anyone's pieces being stolen and capitalized on to that level of legal ending against them. In other words, your copyright fears are relatively dark-ages-obsolete.

Here's where I think I'll believe a music industry mega success story over your opinion. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you've never heard how the minute a new song is released by an unknown writer they are immediately served with several notices of a lawsuit filed against them. Unless you're a writer who is secreted away in an undisclosed location at a music publishing house where nobody on the outside has heard your work, there are individuals who come out of the woodwork claiming they were the writers of the original version of your song. To be sure, most of these are nuisance lawsuits. He did cite one example however where the judge and jury sided with the plaintiff in one such case  and "that level of legal ending against them" actually took place.

Your work is safe with us! Please feel free to post your boast.

Of what exactly did I "boast"? That people are complimenting me on my songs? Is that really a "boast" by whatever reasoning method you use to ascertain someone's intentions?

Love to hear them. Aside from that rendering of display and appraisal, it is clear that anyone else's work is today as it stands exactly the same level and quality as yours.

I wish I had the ability to delve deeply into your mind to figure out what precisely that last comment was supposed to be informing me of.

~LOF~

Love O Fair
Posted 2018-03-18 8:13 PM (#541701 - in reply to #541433)

>>> If you'd like, give me an email address and I'll forward you a pic of the offending machine to analyze further.<<<

Thanks, no. But you could surely post it here. It could clear up a lot of misunderstanding and curiosity about this injury you keep posting about.

>>>So one could assume your full understanding of the complexities came from a prestigious law school?<<<

One's assumption would be incorrect.. and your question is hopelessly rhetorical. My comments on copyright law come from experience with a few thousand pieces of other peoples' work that I have been in possession of and made public through the past. That's all it is.. and that's all I said it is.

>>>I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you've never heard how the minute a new song is released by an unknown writer they are immediately served with several notices of a lawsuit filed against them.<<<

You'd think that scenario would be quite common knowledge within the vast expanse of today's mediums of desktop publishing, but no, this extensive legal phenomenon has escaped me.. at least on the level you portray it as happening with amateur songwriters such as you and I. I guess you'd have to further define "released". In the meantime, the millions and millions of "unknown writers" working on the same level as you who post their new and original material online around the clock, heck, just on YouTube alone, must be keeping the world's attorneys and courts in business. Is that what you're saying?

>>>Of what exactly did I "boast"? That people are complimenting me on my songs?<<<

No, not that "people" are complimenting you. You, yourself, have commented that accomplished professional(s) have said that your work is "as good as it gets". So yeah, that's a boast. Pretty big one, actually.

>>>I wish I had the ability to delve deeply into your mind to figure out what precisely that last comment was supposed to be informing me of.<<<

What I said about your work not being any better or worse than others on the same level as yourself seems to be self-explanatory.. and certainly shouldn't require you to "delve deeply into my mind". I mean, YOU are the one who keeps telling us how your work is shooting up the through the opinion ranks of various people in accomplished music circles.. over and over. But since you are reluctant to furnish even on sentence of lyrical material, or one instance of a recording, I am simply curious as to why they are saying this. A lot of us are.. and while those of us here on the forum who are also into songwriting are willing and eager to read/hear the things you keep posting about, the hook you dangle in front of us thus far has no worm.

Edited by Love O Fair 2018-03-18 8:37 PM
DaveKell
Posted 2018-03-19 12:46 PM (#541705 - in reply to #541433)
Subject: RE: Kerrville Emerging Songwriters Competition

I only have a few more observations in this tit for tat before I'm going to grant your wish and post lyrics I've been sharing with a Nashville songwriter friend. I'm going to do it, against other's advice, because I feel you made a few compelling arguments. Please try to remember however that if you state that I said you make compelling arguments, others of your bent will perceive that as boasting, so please try to refrain (I'm only trying to help).

When I said I'll forward you a pic of the offending machine to analyze further, you said "thanks, no. But you could surely post it here. It could clear up a lot of misunderstanding and curiosity about this injury you keep posting about." I have to respectfully decline. You see, I've looked at group pics of members of this forum. No offense intended, but a great many of them don't look like they have much familiarity with workout equipment. So we'll just let this one die.

You also said "my comments on copyright law come from experience with a few thousand pieces of other peoples' work that I have been in possession of and made public through the past. That's all it is.. and that's all I said it is." Actually, it's not all you said. You added that "I have handled and processed thousands of pieces of literary works of others and fully understand these parameters." I find that an admirable accomplishment (that smacks a bit of boasting) because the author of the book I have on music publishing states that the average attorney has little comprehension of the complexities of copyright law. So congratulations to you on this achievement of yours attained without benefit of law school. Hopefully you can see my question about you being a law school graduate was by no means "hopelessly rhetorical" as you called it (Darkbar, rhetorical questions are ones that don't really require an answer).

We're almost done here so bear with me and then I'll post lyrics. You added in response to my quoting the author of the books comments about unknown writers being sued when their song is recorded and released "In the meantime, the millions and millions of "unknown writers" working on the same level as you who post their new and original material online around the clock, heck, just on YouTube alone, must be keeping the world's attorneys and courts in business. Is that what you're saying?". You might want to go back to my original comments on this and try a little device known as reading for comprehension. You'll find I only mentioned ONE instance where this author said it occurred. How you extrapolated that into "keeping the world's attorneys and courts in business" is a mystery known only to you.

Let's wrap this up, so, finally regarding your claim about me "boasting" You said "No, not that "people" are complimenting you. You, yourself, have commented that accomplished professional(s) have said that your work is "as good as it gets". So yeah, that's a boast. Pretty big one, actually." Really? In my understanding, boasting amounts to a vaunted display of exaggerated pride over any number of things such as wealth,possessions, sexual conquests, and any number of other prideful things. I'm not sure if merely stating a fact about something someone said about your work is rightfully judged a boast. I'll think more about it and let you know what I actually decide on that one. By the way, you said I did this "over and over".Wrong. I merely mentioned comments from two people, and that was to illustrate my astonishment that my songs are being received so favorably.

I hope I've adequately addressed your concerns and assumptions. With that I'll now be making a few posts of the offending lyrics for your critiques.
DaveKell
Posted 2018-03-19 12:56 PM (#541706 - in reply to #541433)

This song was lovingly written about an 84 year old lady who attends my weekly Friday jam session. She owns an exquisite 1964 cherry burst Gibson J45.

ANNA LOU
She's a backporch picker I see every weekend
Here I am gettin' schooled in playin' guitar again
She knows every song written longer than I've been around
She picks a fine old Gibson with the best guitar sound

(CHORUS)
ANNA LOU WOULD YOU SING THE SONG I LOVE
WITH YOUR VOICE LIKE AN ANGEL IN THE CHOIR ABOVE
PICK YOUR OLD GUITAR IT SOUNDS THE BEST OF ANY HERE
IN ANY KEY YOU CHOOSE IT IS MUSIC TO MY EAR

(SOLO AND THEN TO BRIDGE) (2nd time go to verse 2)

(BRIDGE)
Her fingers fly like lightnin'
Glidin' on the strings
The applause rings like thunder
Everytime she sings
We won't have her much longer
Her light is fading fast
But the happy smile on her face is the
Memory that will last
(TO CHORUS)

When she was a young girl she could turn all the boys head
Now she shows class and beauty with her simple songs instead
I'm so glad I know her and can call her a friend
When she starts in singin' I don't want it to end
(CHORUS)

(TAG AFTER LAST CHORUS)
You're a treasure with the music we all love to hear
IN ANY KEY YOU CHOOSE YOU ARE MUSIC TO MY EAR

DaveKell
Posted 2018-03-19 1:06 PM (#541707 - in reply to #541433)

This is called Patches on the Heart. A lady at my weekly jam said she had this song title in her mind for years but had no idea where to go with it. She asked me to see what I could come up with. This was my best effort dealing with the expression I'd never heard before.

Grandma sewed a quilt with a heart made from patches
From clothing her dear departed loved ones wore
She could point to any patch and tell their story and
The date they crossed over to the golden shore
I said why do you sit and dwell on these memories
So many times you've said your goodbyes
She got a look on her face as if angels were around her
And I saw a tear come to her bright green eyes
She said. (CHORUS)

CHORUS
Patches on the heart are a big part of livin'
They hold us together through life’s heartaches
Sadness and loss will always be a given
We make it through with whatever it takes

She pointed to a patch from my grampa’s favorite shirt
As memories came of happy childhood days
She showed me a patch from my dad’s baby blanket and I
Recalled how good he was in so many ways
I listened as she relived the good times with so many
People I grew up with as a boy
She gave me the finished quilt made with loving hands and said
Hold everyone in your heart with joy

(Bridge)
Grandma left us soon on a sorrowful day
I held the quilt remembering when last we spoke
A patch from that dress she wore in the center lay
I saw it for the first time as my heart broke (CHORUS then Tag)

(TAG)
I think of her often & things she used to say
Patches on my heart hold her with me everyday

DaveKell
Posted 2018-03-19 1:12 PM (#541708 - in reply to #541433)

If I may be allowed to quote someone on a songwriter forum to me, "this reminds me of John Prine songs" No boast, just fact.

BUDDY SHE'S YOURS NOW

There's an old expression
About the Lord's intention
When you need Him to come thru
And grant a wish for you
It goes "if the Good Lord's willin'
And the creek don't rise"
But at time He ain't willin'
And you get a big surprise

Here's an example straight out of my life
It's about the day that I lost my wife
The Good Lord wasn't willin' and
The creek rose over its bank
I hopped into my rowboat
Hit a stump and then it sank
While swimmin' against the current
I was paddlin' for dear life
When I thought about that outlaw who
Had just run off with my wife
I finally reached dry land,
Caught my breath and was so happy
Because I realized that outlaw was
Having' a worse day than me!

BUDDY SHE'S YOURS NOW
I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU
JUST SAY YES TO ALL THE THINGS
SHE'S GONNA ORDER YOU TO DO
LIKE SIT AT THE END OF THE COUCH AT NIGHT
AND RUB HER STINKY FEET
RUN OUT TO THE KITCHEN AND BRING
HER A WHOLE LOT MORE TO EAT
AND LATER AFTER YOU HAVE HER
TUCKED SAFELY INTO BED
VERY SOON YOU'RE GONNA BE PRAYIN'
SOMEBODY WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE HEAD

Before a month goes by you'll be wonderin'
Why I stayed with her so long
Once upon a time we had a
True love that was strong
Years went by, she got mean
And set in her way
She had a penchant for complainin'
Every hour of the day
Before long you'll be wonderin' why
You can never do anything right
That sweet thing you thought you stole from me
Will be long gone from your sight (CHORUS)

(TAG)
I always believed in "till
Death do us part"
But I wanna thank you for
Giving me a whole brand new start.
DaveKell
Posted 2018-03-19 1:18 PM (#541709 - in reply to #541433)

This is a song about relationship confusion. It's called How Did We Get Here

What if I don't want no more, What if I've had my fill

Would you finally let me go, Or make me stay here still

Most men want who I have, At least it's what they think

But this hold you have on me, Keeps drivin' me to drink
(and I've been thinkin')

(CHORUS)
Your love is an addiction, It seems I have to feed

You keep me satisfied, While keepin' me in need

Ain't no 12 steps I can try, No amends that I can make

I can't seem to say goodbye, there's no other road to take
(solo)

What's left for us to do, I can't go away

No other's on my mind, I really want to stay

(BRIDGE)
How did we get here, And why do we hold on

If you didn't own my mind, I'd already be gone

Somethin' about this, Still seems to be so right

Don't worry anymore, I want to hold you tonight
(and I'm acceptin') (CHORUS)

(TAG)

Even after I hit the bottom, I'll never say goodbye

I'll never say goodbye

This about wraps it up for now. I have several more but I'm sure this sampling will be amply savaged by my haters here quite adequately.

Edited by DaveKell 2018-03-19 1:21 PM
Darkbar
Posted 2018-03-19 4:12 PM (#541712 - in reply to #541709)

DaveKell - 2018-03-19 2:18 PM

This about wraps it up for now. I have several more but I'm sure this sampling will be amply savaged by my haters here quite adequately.[/QUOTE

Actually, speaking for ME, I liked them all.
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-03-19 4:13 PM (#541713 - in reply to #541433)

Hey everybody!.. did you hear?? I made compelling arguments! I made compelling arguments! Me! Compelling arguments!! And DAVE said so!!

>>>I hope I've adequately addressed your concerns and assumptions. With that I'll now be making a few posts of the offending lyrics for your critiques.<<<

Nine days later than promised, but quite well good enough. Nice redemption. Score one (or four) for you!

Now, please be advised that the official filing has been made. Two of those songs were written by me years ago. See you in court.

>>>I'm sure this sampling will be amply savaged by my haters here quite adequately.<<<

Ain't gonna happen. At least it shouldn't. Nice people here on the OFC would never do that about someone's work. I applaud you. See how that works?

I enjoyed reading your lyrics and the story headings that went with them. Nice job. Here's wishing you the best of luck on the song competition this whole thread began with. I hope you win the big prize.

PS: Wow.. look at that!! Darkbar and I were replying at the same time, but he beat me by one minute and I didn't see it until I posted mine. The planets align. Amazing, isn't it, Dave?

Edited by Love O Fair 2018-03-19 4:32 PM
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-03-19 4:57 PM (#541714 - in reply to #541433)

No wait.. PS again. On a side note, I never attended A&M, but the whole slew of my Texas family have.. and since this thread originated in Texas, may I please pass along HUGE kudos to Texas A&M for their 86 to 65 trouncing of... drum roll please.. North Carolina!! Hello Sweet 16! WoooHooo!! Gig 'em Aggies!

(All I need now is for Dave to tell me he is a Horns fan.. and we'll get this whole thing started again.)

Edited by Love O Fair 2018-03-19 5:10 PM
Mark in Boise
Posted 2018-03-19 5:52 PM (#541716 - in reply to #541433)

I'll join the fan club for Dave's lyrics. Having tried once to write a song, I know how hard it was for me. It's good to see some that make sense. It's a shame that there are so many good songwriters out there who aren't appreciated, while there are rappers and hip hop artists making big bucks. Most of their lyrics are crap and they don't even have to worry about the melody.
I won't join the fan clubs for any Texas schools. As a Kansas State alumn, however, I am proud my old school knocked off the number 16 seed. That wouldn't be a big deal if the 16 hadn't knocked off the #1 seed.

Edited by Mark in Boise 2018-03-19 5:53 PM
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)