The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New member intro and question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Jcol
Posted 2017-10-29 11:06 AM (#537935)
Subject: New member intro and question

Hello - As an introduction I have been playing acoustic guitar on and off for most of my adult life. My playing has had long periods on inactivity as interest and time for playing would come and go. Last April a colleague who was retiring and downsizing asked if I wanted his two Ovation guitars. One is a 12 string and the other is a 6 string 2003 Collectors Edition Sn# 274. Since getting these guitars last April I have played one or both of them every day and really look forward to my time with the 6 string. I find the sound it produces very warm and rich and the playability of the neck has made getting back into playing much easier then it would have been with any of the other guitars I have. In searching the internet I have learned much about the rise and fall in popularity of Ovation guitars which surprises me somewhat because based on my experience which I admit is limited both seem to be fine instruments. My questions are about the Collectors Edition series in general. I'm wondering how these guitars relate to the regular models? By that I mean I see various names for the different Ovation guitars such as Elite, Adamas etc. Are the Collectors Editions based on a specific model or that they a unique model onto themselves?

Looking forward to learning more about these guitars and sharing anything I figure out as well.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2017-10-30 1:33 PM (#537957 - in reply to #537935)
Subject: Re: New member intro and question

the collector's editions were all unique usually with a unique wood top or finish
hard to just put it in a nutshell
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2017-10-30 3:32 PM (#537961 - in reply to #537935)

Here is something, courtesy of the Wayback Machine

Jcol
Posted 2017-11-02 4:57 AM (#537977 - in reply to #537935)

Thanks for the replies. Nice to see the pictures of all of the Collector's series.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)