The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
30th Anniversary model ebay/japan for sale

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

helmut-pl
Posted 2017-10-27 1:38 PM (#537916)
Subject: 30th Anniversary model ebay/japan for sale

Hello to all,
a few minutes ago I found this Ovation guitar at ebay/Germany, but the seller is in Japan. I was looking "worldwide".
Here it is:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ovation-30th-Anniversary-MODEL-Guitar-with-h...

I hope you can use this link and have a look at this very special guitar.
I think I know a lot about Ovation and the guitars from the 1980 and the 1990 years, but I have never seen this 30th Anniversary model, the only 30th Anniversary Ovation guitar is the so called Book-Elite, the 1768-7LTD.
And I am a prowd owner of a Book Elite.
Can you help me to find out what type of guitar it is? I would say it is a nice Elite or Custom Elite in Sunburst colour (but a Custom Elite has an Abalone Binding). I don't think that they made a special 30th Anniversary for Japan ?!?!?!
I have not found this type at "Ovation Gallery com, Ovation Tribute com, nowhere in the web.
I hope my English is not too bad and you can understand all I wrote.
Best wishes from Germany
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FlySig
Posted 2017-10-27 3:42 PM (#537919 - in reply to #537916)
Subject: Re: 30th Anniversary model ebay/japan for sale

The feather on the headstock looks familiar but I don't recall the details of what it was for. The Adamas triangle fret markers are interesting, too.

No, this is not a Book Elite guitar.

The price in dollars is very high!

And, don't apologize for your English!!! Most of us here barely speak our native language as well as you do.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2017-10-27 4:05 PM (#537920 - in reply to #537916)

I also recall seeing the feather recently, but can't recall what thread it might have been in.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2017-10-27 4:12 PM (#537921 - in reply to #537916)

I did my own search for "feather" and found a short thread from January 2017 about a guitar on Al's website with a feather on the headstock. Al may still have one, unless he sold it to someone in Germany.
alpep
Posted 2017-10-27 5:09 PM (#537923 - in reply to #537916)

it is a model that was made exclusively for a japanese artist I forget his name
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2017-10-27 5:22 PM (#537926 - in reply to #537916)

here is a link,if it works to a brochure for the 1996 japanese market limited edition 30th anniversary guitars,that one was called the nature series southern bald eagle model,the brochure is on the ovationtribute website under archives.pretty guitar but priced kind of high

http://ovationtribute.com/Catalogues/30th_Anniversary_JP_Catalog/30...

arumako
Posted 2017-10-27 11:05 PM (#537928 - in reply to #537916)
Subject: RE: 30th Anniversary model ebay/japan for sale

helmut-pl - 2017-10-27 3:38 AM
...I have not found this type at "Ovation Gallery com, Ovation Tribute com, nowhere in the web.
I hope my English is not too bad and you can understand all I wrote.
Best wishes from Germany

Hi helmut-pl,
Yup, the comments made up to this point are right-on. It's a 30th Anniversary Japan market only model. As the Japanese brochure reveals, there were only a 100 of these made including a few Adamas in the line-up. A friend of mine owns one that was involved in a bit of a mishap. Several years ago, I was able to have the Mother Ship repair it, and hand-carry her back to Japan. She really is a beauty and a dream to play...

NNS778-9 Whole

Ebony fingerbaord and walnut bridge with the signature feather logo. The sound board is AAA Sitka Spruce with just the right amount of bling!

NNS778-9 Top

She comes with the OP-X pre-amp, and sounds incredible with or without an amp.

NNS778-9 OP-X

Just amazing craftsmanship from the folks at New Hartford.

NNS778-9 Case

Back in the day, the price was 300,000 JPY which translated to about $3,000. Valued today, that would be like 700,000 JPY or $7,000 street. About equivalent to what the Japanese stores are asking for the 50th Anniversary models.

The price you show in the German auction seems a bit high, but then with shipping and customs costs, I'd have no way of really knowing. These guitars are rare even in Japan, and never come up for auction. I had the opportunity to play my friends' while it was in my possession (about 1-week). After, I carried it back from one of my business trips (thanks to John Budny for arranging the repairs in time for the hand-carry back to Japan!), I returned her to my buddy, who put away his Martin upon the NNS778's safe return. I had withdrawals for several days after returning her.

Sorry about the long winded response, but I hope this helps!

Edited by arumako 2017-10-27 11:09 PM
DetlefMichel
Posted 2017-10-28 6:40 AM (#537930 - in reply to #537916)

The guitar in the ebay-auction does not have abalone trim around the body and no ebony fretboard. It may be a good guitar but not comparable with the guitar of your photos and IMHO way to expensive. It´s just a standard elite with a feather.The price would be (in Japan) ok for the top-of-the-line model in +mint+ condition.
arumako
Posted 2017-10-29 11:18 PM (#537943 - in reply to #537930)

DetlefMichel - 2017-10-27 8:40 PM

...IMHO way to expensive. It´s just a standard elite with a feather. The price would be (in Japan) ok for the top-of-the-line model in +mint+ condition.

Great price advice right out of Germany, DeflefMichel! Got all excited by the feather and missed the details on the guitar! The one for sale is the NNS778-9FM - basically a standard mid-bowl Elite...

Edited by arumako 2017-10-29 11:19 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)