The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Photo Posting

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

BCam
Posted 2017-07-30 10:47 AM (#536913)
Subject: Photo Posting

I was wondering why so many members have difficulty posting photos. I realize that some of us are more computer literate than others but there should be a clear, simple way to post photos that doesn't cause so much angst.

Please don't tell me how simple it is and tell me where to find the instructions. Personally, I can post photos just fine but, clearly, something is wrong if so many have problems with it. User interfaces should adapt to people, not the other way around.

Hopefully this can be addressed in a productive way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2017-07-30 1:13 PM (#536914 - in reply to #536913)
Subject: Re: Photo Posting

I'm with'ya. I belong to several forums, and this (at least to me) is by far the easiest to upload photos. Most of the others you have to upload the photo, then insert it into the post, and that is the ONLY option.. oh yeah, and you can't do that until you've made x number of posts. Here you can upload a photo, attach one, or link to one, your choice.

I mostly agree with "User interfaces should adapt to people" but on the other hand, a certain level on knowledge/skill is expected.

Now having said all that.. With all the great free photo hosting sites that people already have, having yet another photo hosting site seems a bit redundant.

One final note.. only 95 users out of 12586 use the Rich Text Editor feature.. Based on that alone, uploading and storing more photos doesn't seem like a good use of resources.

I am open to ideas and listening. I'm just responding to your question at this point.
d'ovation
Posted 2017-07-30 2:53 PM (#536915 - in reply to #536913)

I don't post many photos but compared to some other forums that I am on I find the OFC to be the most straightforward. Considering the Photobucket issues that have recently occurred we are very fortunate with the options available. Thanks.
BCam
Posted 2017-07-31 2:44 PM (#536920 - in reply to #536913)
Subject: RE: Photo Posting

I confess that this is the first time I've used the rich text editor and I think it's probably the solution for most members.  Just click on the icon and insert your photo.  What could be simpler?  Is there a downside to it being the default posting methodology?

An alternative to making it a default would be to add something to the default post and reply screens to suggest using the rich text editor, especially if one desires to add photos (along with any applicable size limits, etc.)

Thanks.

Mark in Boise
Posted 2017-07-31 5:30 PM (#536923 - in reply to #536913)

If I can do it, anyone can. I am a great test dummy for most things electronic. I just don't post pictures enough to remember how to do it. I can say that I am a regular on other forums that have a more confusing system for posting pictures.
BCam
Posted 2017-07-31 7:47 PM (#536924 - in reply to #536913)

You're probably right, but there seem to be a large number of posters who have problems, which is a problem for the rest of us who would like to see photos. I don't think it's complicated but many do. If there's a way to more effectively lead them down the path to successful photo posting, we all benefit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)