The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
ID question of a slothead 12 string (and my memory from 30 years ago )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

MarkM
Posted 2017-07-23 6:55 PM (#536855)
Subject: ID question of a slothead 12 string (and my memory from 30 years ago )

...which may very well be a confirmation of faults in my memory. But I have such a clear mental image 1987!  ;-)

From '85-'87 I had a deep bowl, slot head, truss-rod Ovation 12.  It was lost in a burglary, from a friend's home. I have no records of the serial number, and never remembered a model number. There were no Glen Campbell markings, and I'm pretty sure no gold hardware.

What I recall of the stolen slothead is that the tuners had large diameter string axles, like O's nylon string guitars.  I believe they were black plastic, over metal axles.  I recall the tight spacing made it a b*tch for me to string up.

What model 12 string could have had those large axle tuners?  What year?  I won't dispute anyone saying that's impossible.  It may just settle my mind about something I've wondered about ever since I wandered into this forum, between 12? years ago.  

I had the Slothead 12, an Applause 12, a 1621 a 1619 at the same time. Maybe someday I'll find a picture of all of them.  They sure looked good, all lined up.

Aside:  I have '78 & '79 Pacemakers now, and am familiar with their tuners, having 1/4" diameter chromed axles.

Cheers,

Mark Morland

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2017-07-24 12:47 PM (#536863 - in reply to #536855)
Subject: Re: ID question of a slothead 12 string (and my memory from 30 years ago )

I don't know of any 12s with the large shaft tuners
MarkM
Posted 2017-07-24 12:59 PM (#536864 - in reply to #536855)
Subject: Re: ID question of a slothead 12 string (and my memory from 30 years ago )

Thanks, Beal

That settles it for me

M^2
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)