The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation and Lefty Custom Orders

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

leonardmccoy
Posted 2017-07-07 5:32 PM (#535720)
Subject: Ovation and Lefty Custom Orders

There's hope.

After giving up my hopeless treasure hunt on a lefty Gibson J-180, I've been in touch with Ovation very recently inquiring whether it be possible to custom-order a lefty 1627GC-4. Ovation's answer was a resounding yes, which should give any lefty looking for a particular production model hope out there to give it a shot.

You'll have to go through a dealer, production will take a considerable amount of time (200 days or more in my case), and there'll be an upcharge for the one-off production (as was to be expected for a custom shop).

I hope this helps any lefty out there looking for an Ovation.

Edited by leonardmccoy 2017-07-07 5:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
360Ovation
Posted 2017-07-19 3:59 PM (#536813 - in reply to #535720)
Subject: Re: Ovation and Lefty Custom Orders

Ovation decided in the early 2000's to stop catering seriously to lefties when they never offered the new bowl designs with the back contour as a lefty option...that knocked out all the new models from consideration - and these models had a redesigned, non-V neck shape that I really liked as well.

I doubt Ovation will ever have the kind of "Made in USA" model volume to justify making something like these in lefties...so it will have to be standard bowls or standard cutaway bowls for us lefties.
360Ovation
Posted 2017-07-19 4:02 PM (#536814 - in reply to #535720)

Oh, and P.S. - I bought a beautiful left-handed 2015 Gibson J-45 that is an outstanding guitar! I had ordered something else from another company; when they screwed up the build (made it with a spruce top instead of the mahogany top that I ordered), I cancelled the order and asked the store to check on a lefty J-45. They had it in within 2 weeks. I smile every time I play it.
d'ovation
Posted 2017-07-19 5:06 PM (#536815 - in reply to #535720)
Subject: RE: Ovation and Lefty Custom Orders

leonardmccoy - 2017-07-07 5:32 PM

There's hope.

After giving up my hopeless treasure hunt on a lefty Gibson J-180, I've been in touch with Ovation very recently inquiring whether it be possible to custom-order a lefty 1627GC-4. Ovation's answer was a resounding yes, which should give any lefty looking for a particular production model hope out there to give it a shot.

You'll have to go through a dealer, production will take a considerable amount of time (200 days or more in my case), and there'll be an upcharge for the one-off production (as was to be expected for a custom shop).

Congrats, that is a cool guitar and as it has a regular bowl this should not be an issue. I assume that they will also flip the bracing to make it a true lefty eh. I'm sure that ALPEP will be able to handle your order.

alpep
Posted 2017-07-20 11:01 AM (#536822 - in reply to #535720)

let me know if I can help!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)