The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Collectible Taylors and Guild 12...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

DaveKell
Posted 2017-06-28 1:57 PM (#535651)
Subject: Collectible Taylors and Guild 12...

My best friend passed away earlier this month from his second round of cancer. I am tasked with selling part of his guitar collection. There are two 2012 Taylors and a newer Guild Doyle Dykes 12 string. Also, a Fullerton reissue Fender Strat. All of my friend's guitars were maintained in mint, nearly unplayed condition.

The first Taylor is their very limited run Builder's Reserve. This one is Series 3 of which I'm told only ten (out of 30) were sold in the US. It's a GS guitar. It has a matching solid wood cabinet amp with the same woods and inlays used in the guitar. You can google Taylor Builder's Reserve 3 to find all the specs on this beautiful guitar and amp combo.

The second Taylor is a factory order custom GS with red cedar top and dramatic myrtlewood back and sides. In 50 years of playing this is the finest sounding guitar I've encountered. In fact, I'm considering selling an rv to get it myself, soon as my wife gets onboard!

The Guild is a Ren Ferguson design beauty. Easiest playing 12 besides an Ovation of course. Again, google the unique specs on this guitar.

Buyer pays shipping. All guitars in mint condition. The BR3 is $4,500 for guitar and amp combo. The custom GS is $2,800. The Guild is $2,300. The Strat is $4,500.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nerdydave
Posted 2017-06-29 12:33 AM (#535652 - in reply to #535651)
Subject: Re: Collectible Taylors and Guild 12...

Sounds better than an Ovation??
DaveKell
Posted 2017-07-23 8:15 AM (#536848 - in reply to #535651)

The custom GS sold for two grand yesterday to one of the old guys in my Friday night jam session. Great price for this guitar of the gods. The Builder's Reserve can be had for fire sale pricing now as well. A real investment in a matching guitar and amp combo sure to rise in value.
DaveKell
Posted 2017-08-08 3:58 PM (#536981 - in reply to #535651)

The phenomenal Builder's Reserve guitar and amp sold to an OFC'r today at an incredible price, below what we asked for it. All that remains are the Guild Doyle DYkes 12 string and Fullerton reissue '57 Strat. I've finally convinced my friend's family of pricing for the used market as it is today. I could probably get the Guild 12 for someone for two grand now. It was the last new guitar my friend bought and he paid $3,300 for it less than 2 years ago. I've owned an Ovation 12 and despite its beauty, the Guild won't persuade me away from Ovation if I ever want another 12. It's an incredible example of Ren Ferguson's artistry though if anyone is looking for a great deal on a strikingly beautiful looking and sounding Guild. The pricing on the Strat isn't likely to decrease as much as the others did due to its demonstrated history of being highly sought by collectors. We'll see though.
d'ovation
Posted 2017-08-25 4:24 PM (#537208 - in reply to #535651)

Doyle Dykes still available?
DaveKell
Posted 2017-08-27 11:23 AM (#537220 - in reply to #537208)

d'ovation - 2017-08-25 4:24 PM

Doyle Dykes still available?

A guy who looked at it on Friday asked me to give him till Tuesday of this week to get $2,300 for it accumulated. I said I would as I used to be employed by him. If he changes his mind, which is a 50/50 likelihood, I'll let you know.
DaveKell
Posted 2017-09-01 9:18 AM (#537273 - in reply to #535651)

The Doyle Dykes 12 string sold to another OFC'r. Just shipped it this morning. My friend's brother decided to keep the Fullerton '57 Strat since the rare capri orange color is sure to rise in value over the years. There is one more guitar I'll be picking up soon to sell for the family. It's a beautiful classic made by a famous Houston luthier named Ashton Taylor. He has a website that can be googled. Stay tuned.
DaveKell
Posted 2017-09-08 9:04 AM (#537349 - in reply to #535651)

It was great to get another email from the second OFC'r to buy one of my deceased friend's guitars from his collection. Both of them got incredible guitars for an incredible discount over their true worth. Later this month I'll be picking up the last one I will sell for my friend's family. A beautiful hand made classic guitar from Houston luthier Ashton Taylor. I'm anticipating selling it for $2,000. My friend's brother has a correspondence from Mr. Taylor where he valued the guitar at $3,000 today based on demand for his instruments. I find it a bit odd that I sold a highly collectible Taylor Builder's Reserve guitar on the OFC after getting no interest on the Taylor forum. Also, I sold the phenomenal Guild Doyle Dykes 12 string here after generating no interest on the Guild forum. Yet nobody here has asked about the GCS1771LX-C I have listed here! I'm open to offers!
Love O Fair
Posted 2017-09-08 10:30 AM (#537350 - in reply to #535651)

No sale on the Taylor forum... no sale on the Guild forum.. but you sold therm here. Gotta love it!
OFC.. where the savvy go to shop.
Glad to hear that your friend's family is being taken care of. Condolences to you and to them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)