The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Here I Go Again...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

bvince
Posted 2017-06-21 9:35 PM (#535594)
Subject: Here I Go Again...

I just spent the past two months fighting an infection in my ankle. That doesnt sound like much, but the chemoI have been on destroyed my immune system. I now have bilateral neuropathy in my hands and feet, which gives me symptoms kinda' like someone with severe diabetes, unable to feel my feet, and my fingers are going numb. That contributed to an injury to my ankle that I didn't feel, which turned into a condition called cellulitis. My ankle swelled to the size of a honeydue melon. Then that turned into sepsis... I lost my ability to comprehend anything and almost lost my leg and then my life... again. That ended up in emergency surgery and two months in bed on antibiotics. The good news... I'm finally healing up and able to get on my feet. finally able to play my guitar again. (Not as good, but I'm playing. Lost 20 lbs and all my strength, but it IS coming back.

I know this isn't music related, but many of you have been encouraging me through my cancer treatments and praying for me, so I wanted to give you an update.

Thank You for your kind words and prayers.

Bryan
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DaveKell
Posted 2017-06-22 8:24 AM (#535606 - in reply to #535594)
Subject: Re: Here I Go Again...

As a veteran of 18 major surgeries I can relate to your circumstances. I even spent 6 months laying in a hospital bed with horrendous complications from a botched surgery that eventually took over a year to resolve during which time I couldn't eat anything. Until you've been through the medical wringer it's hard to fully comprehend what someone goes through. The fact that you used the phrase "the good news" shows your fighting spirit. I hope you keep that up as it is the most important determining factor in recovery. Best of luck to you. I've finally gone 6 years with no surgeries now. Prior to this I had one every 18 months over a period of about 20 years. Never underestimate the power of a good attitude.
Nancy
Posted 2017-06-22 9:49 AM (#535607 - in reply to #535594)
Subject: RE: Here I Go Again...

Bryan, I am so very, very sorry. It sounds like you have been through the wringer, and managed to make it out alive and kicking! You fought the Good Fight and Won!

It's wonderful to hear that you are getting back on your feet, and able to play again! You sound like a True Warrior!

How is your chemo going? I will be praying for you to win that Fight too! Nasty Stuff, Be Strong Still Bryan and beat this too! <3
FlySig
Posted 2017-06-23 5:38 PM (#535622 - in reply to #535594)
Subject: Re: Here I Go Again...

Hang in there Bryan! Positive attitude is everything in these fights. Play lots of music, too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)