The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New member, I guess

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Paul Santa Maria
Posted 2017-06-10 12:05 PM (#535472)
Subject: New member, I guess

I have come here with the intention of offering 3 Ovation guitars previously owned by the late Larry Coryell for sale to your members who may be interested in them. I was given these guitars (there is photographic documentation at my Reverb.com site below) and was directed by Mr. Coryell to list them should he pass away during my lifetime - he had a sardonic wit! It was my choice to NOT play them (although I am a lifetime player myself) so as to leave them exactly as he last played them - I just thought that was an interesting touch...his DNA is on them. In the Adamas' case I found backup sets of strings and music charts and these would be included in the sale of the 12-string. Everything is intact and in fact, one string is broken. I have also found a couple of links on youtube of Larry playing the guitar live (or holding it during an interview) for verification and the guitar is hand-signed by CW Kaman II - agian, there are photographs and it is extensive and probably too much info for this site, (or so it would seem by your rules) so that's why I am including the link to the reverb.com site.

I have kept them in an air-conditioned storage for 13 years since I received them, where they have lived with my 1968 Johnny Smith and many other guitars in my collection. I just do not intend to play them and due to Mr. Coryell's passing, this is the logical time to offer them. On my Reverb.com page, there is a video of Larry and I playing live. I have a few professional credits with Larry (Hendrix covers where he mentions my contributions in the liner notes) ("Gypsy Blood" and "Voodoo Crossing") and mention these only for verification purposes. This is not about me, it's about an Ovation collector acquiring rare pieces.

https://reverb.com/shop/psm-arts

Note: I have no problem making a contribution to this club should one or more of the guitars sells to a member here, as well as my seller fees at Reverb. I suggest anyone linking over should announce themselves as such and I will certainly abide by that agreement. Thanks very much.

Paul Santa Maria
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)