The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Advice on how to list on Ebay?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

wess
Posted 2017-06-05 5:24 PM (#535427)
Subject: Advice on how to list on Ebay?

Hello all,
I am selling my AL Di Meola ADll, its posted here, but im thinking of putting it on Ebay. I listed an Takamine once on Ebay and it didnt sell. It was listed with a reserve and buy it now. I am looking for advice as to how you guys would list, such as if i should list no reserve ? I have bought plenty of items from Elbay but not so much on selling. Been told to list no reserve, but that seems dangerous ! So any pointers would be welcomed. Thanks in advance,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2017-06-05 5:40 PM (#535429 - in reply to #535427)
Subject: Re: Advice on how to list on Ebay?

"Reserve" costs money. To avoid Reserve Fees...
Either list it as a straight "Buy It Now" or start an Auction with the least you will accept.

If you don't mind paying the "Reserve"....
List it with as an Auction with a Reserve and a Buy It Now.
If you go that route you can start the bidding at 99¢, or $99...
Something to get people bidding from the start.
Still, set the Reserve at the lowest you will accept.
The "Buy It Now" will have to be 30% higher than the Reserve. (I think)

I hope that this is helpful.
wess
Posted 2017-06-05 5:42 PM (#535430 - in reply to #535427)
Subject: RE: Advice on how to list on Ebay?

Yes, very helpful ! Thank you for the info. ??
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2017-06-05 9:40 PM (#535434 - in reply to #535427)

When selling high dollar items on feebay I've had best success with buy it now,sometimes you have to be patient to get what you want but it let's you determine what your willing to accept for it.

If you do an auction you have to risk starting the bidding high so you'll get enough out of it and no one bidding or starting low and hope there's enough interest to get the price you want.

remember you have ebay fees and paypal fees and shipping costs to consider.

Post lots of GOOD pictures and a thorough description,good pics get peoples GAS going,

FYI I think DiMeola's are awesome guitars and worth every penny of what your asking but people always want a deal so it can be hard to get what its worth,just my 2 cents.

Edited by 2wheeldrummer 2017-06-05 9:43 PM
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2017-06-05 10:04 PM (#535435 - in reply to #535427)

HERE?

Mitchrx
Posted 2017-06-07 5:24 PM (#535445 - in reply to #535427)

What's does your eBay profile look like? You need to have a number of sales with 100% positive feedback. That establishes credibility with buyers. If you don't have 10+ sales with feedback, you face a greater risk on an auction. That's when the "buy it now" would work, just allow people to make offers. If your credibility with eBay has sufficient numbers, go with an auction starting at 75% of what you would really want to sell for. For any successful eBay sale, the description and photos are paramount. Keep in mind that it's an ADVERTISEMENT. I always start by saying, "Thank you for looking." Then you need a detailed description to get the GAS induced buyers interested. Say the year the guitar was made, excellent condition, minimal players wear, AAA spruce top, hand laid abalone trim consisting of 200+ pieces, absolute top-of-the line of the venerable and valuable Ovation Custom Legend guitars, abalone trim ring, beautiful abalone deluxe fretboard markers, AD spec electronics with his unique analog circuitry boost for leads, comfortable cutaway for access to higher frets, excellent low action, superior acoustic tone, outstanding electric tone, original Ovation case. I have always been able to state "check my feedback and bid with confidence." Keep the shipping reasonable-$37.50 is a good shipping price for UPS. Make sure you have a box for shipping an acoustic guitar and say that the guitar will be carefully packed. Finish by saying "this guitar is superior is all aspects, you will not be disappointed." Post 12 photos showing the front, back, headstock, tuners, bridge, nut, first 5 frets, whole fretboard, back of neck, electronics and any imperfections. I hope that helps.
Slipkid
Posted 2017-06-07 6:41 PM (#535446 - in reply to #535427)

good, clear pictures are worth, as they say, a thousand words.
ProfessorBB
Posted 2017-06-08 7:19 AM (#535449 - in reply to #535427)

And when you do ship it, be sure to have it insured, take good photos of how carefully you packed it, and cross your fingers that it arrives at the other end intact.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)