The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Glen Campbell Says Goodbye With Title Track From Final Album 'Adios'

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Patch
Posted 2017-05-03 1:14 PM (#535035)
Subject: Glen Campbell Says Goodbye With Title Track From Final Album 'Adios'

Gut punched.....

How can someone you never even met leave a lump in your throat like that?

From Billboard.com yesterday.

"Glen Campbell has shared the title track off his forthcoming final studio album, Adios, delivering a poignant goodbye to his fans. 

The 81-year-old country icon is in the final stages of Alzheimer's disease and this new set is a gift he will leave for the world. It should not come a surprise that Campbell performs beautifully on the Jimmy Webb-penned song, the album's closing number. 

"Adios" was previously a top 10 Adult Contemporary hit for Linda Ronstadt in 1990 and is one of four songs by Webb included on Adios. Turns out Campbell's history with the song goes back decades.

"Glen and I used to play that song all the time," Webb told Rolling Stone. "We played it in dressing rooms, hotels, we played it over at his house, we played it at my house. He always loved that song. I heard 'Adios' this morning and my wife and I both broke down and cried all over this hotel room. It's the first time we ever heard it."

Campbell's Adios was recorded after his 2011-2012 Goodbye Tour, which was chronicled in the Oscar-nominated 2014 documentary Glen Campbell ... I'll Be Me."

Top of the page Bottom of the page
leonardmccoy
Posted 2017-05-03 2:31 PM (#535036 - in reply to #535035)
Subject: RE: Glen Campbell Says Goodbye With Title Track From Final Album 'Adios'

hwebster
Posted 2017-05-03 3:39 PM (#535037 - in reply to #535035)
Subject: Re: Glen Campbell Says Goodbye With Title Track From Final Album 'Adios'

Nice song
Nancy
Posted 2017-05-03 5:51 PM (#535042 - in reply to #535037)
Subject: Re: Glen Campbell Says Goodbye With Title Track From Final Album 'Adios'

He will always be able to touch a spot in our souls, a moment in our life, and we will be better for his touch.
Adios mi Amigo, Muchas Gracias, y Vaya Con Dios.

Edited by Nancy 2017-05-03 5:51 PM
DetlefMichel
Posted 2017-05-04 5:02 AM (#535052 - in reply to #535035)

Wonderful. Especially those of us who sometimes attempt to sing know why.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2017-05-04 11:16 AM (#535055 - in reply to #535035)

Our local record store says they won't have it until June. I'll have to buy myself a Father's Day gift. My mother also seems to be in the last stages of Alzheimer's. It is really tough to watch and my Dad, who turns 90 this month, is struggling with turning her over to a full-time memory care center.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)