The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
R.I.P. J. Geils

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Todd G.
Posted 2017-04-11 8:03 PM (#533640)
Subject: R.I.P. J. Geils

Sure, they had pretty big hits in the early 80's, but their other/earlier stuff was even better.  Geils was studying mechanical engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute when he formed the band.

Thanks for sharing the music with us.  Rest in peace.

Edited by Todd G. 2017-04-11 8:04 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2017-04-11 8:41 PM (#533641 - in reply to #533640)
Subject: Re: R.I.P. J. Geils

This is the band that I remember when they were playing Bars and High School Proms...

Beal
Posted 2017-04-11 10:38 PM (#533642 - in reply to #533640)

Saw them many times, great Band.

And add Banner Thomas to the list, yesterday.
mbedard
Posted 2017-04-21 2:41 PM (#533828 - in reply to #533640)

I was a bit young to see them, but my brother in-law says they were one of the best live shows you could hope to see. I do however, have an interesting J. Giels story...

In the mid 80's when I was about 10 my elementary school class went to "Nature's Classroom" for a week at some camp in Groton, MA. First night we're there we were playing tag in a field and I stepped on something. Went to walk and noticed a big board buried in the grass following me. Looked down and there's a big nail sticking straight out of the top of my sneaker. Got to stay, but had to miss out on a lot of the hikes and other activities.

They made me hang out with the nurse during those times (who was young, pretty, and cool, so I was OK with that , and she says "Wanna go check out some horses?". She takes me down the road to a place her boyfriend or somebody worked and I got to check out a bunch of horses and ride one. Some guy comes over and the boyfriend introduces him, "This is my boss, J. Giels." I knew who he was (my older brothers had their albums), but for some reason thought he was Peter Wolf. When I got home and told my brothers they freaked out and laughed about my mixup. Anyways, seemed like a really cool, down to earth guy who was nice to a kid having a bad week.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)