The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Breadwinner no.909

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

D. Radclf
Posted 2017-04-09 4:28 AM (#533597)
Subject: Ovation Breadwinner no.909

Hi, Im Dave. I have joined the Fan club for information towards the restoration of the Breadwinner 909 which i purchased from my best mates family. He passed away four years ago. I played with him myself for 14 years and just having the opportunity to restore and play his Ovation blows my mind.
My dream is to play with his son with this guitar. We have regularly played together since his dad passed away. It was played here in Hobart, Tasmania Australia around town till it was worn down to being unplayable around 30 years ago. I have photos of it being played back in the dayon stage. I am now getting the frets repaired by a Luther and he advises me it is a good project.
I am looking for the original color which appears to be Tan under the Blue paint job it has flaking of it now. Im hoping to find somewhere a marking about the 1251-7. The pic guard appears to be incorrect and the corner cut off to fit a torsion bar tremlo. This is my main thing to find at the moment. Hope to find out the original guard color. It is black but i thought it may be tortoiseshell. I have found a replacement for the broken tuner currently being sent from U.S . The bridge is a bit sad but may be usable. Plastic broken on the side and a weld underneath.
I am new to this site and forums and i can try to send pictures if someone would like me to. I hope to chat to someone soon and maybe some direction on the history of this Breadwinner. Maybe Ovation can help.
Regards, and Hope to talk soon. Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2017-04-10 3:43 PM (#533617 - in reply to #533597)
Subject: Re: Ovation Breadwinner no.909

I want the one after 909.....somebody had to do it
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)