The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Aloha everybody!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Sonny Fugue
Posted 2017-04-01 3:34 PM (#533501)
Subject: Aloha everybody!

Aloha everybody! I've been wanting a vintage Ovation for a very long time now. I have been re-listening to a lot of Led Zepplin and came across a load of Ovation 6 & 12 strings. A friend had bought a storage unit where a guitar shop had shut down in the late 90's and the owner put about 200 guitars in storage. I picked up a "Preacher Deluxe" that was in storage for 20 years. The neck is a little wide for my tendonitis but I don't care, its strait! I didn't even know about the active pickup system until I brought it home. I got really excited considering its age and having an active pickup system! (I just wanted an electric 12 string and the price, look, and maker was "right.") I plugged it in first and the bridge pickup was weak but I didn't really care. I popped the back off and one battery had corroded but I didn't know to what extent, I figured that might have something to do with the weak pickup. I took it to my tech and he just told me that the circuitboard is kicked. What a bummer, I really didn't know anything about this guitar but the idea of having an vintage active circuit that allowed for an acoustic modulation really excited me.
Outside of some corrosion to the hardware the body is in mint shape. My big question is does anyone know of anyone or anyway to get some type of new or used circuitboard for this girl??? I don't mind just having a bypassed electric Preacher deluxe, but being into vintage guitars its kind of killing me to have all this potential in the guts get no poop out of it!
I don't know if there is a marginalization on this forum for Led Zepplin fans who have 12 strings, I've been sold since I saw a picture of Bob Seger playing one live in the late 70's-early 80's.

In this Ovation time capsule there is also an "new" double neck celebrity in the deep color. I know Jimmy Page played a black one on tour in the late 90's (I saw it.) I was thinking about buying it but I don't know much about the quality that was coming out in the late 90's. 1998 maybe? I've always wanted a double neck too. This one is a little pricey though and I'd like to see if I can get the Preacher Deluxe taken care of first for sure.

I figure you guys are the experts and considering I'm now discovering Ovation world I'm in the right place!

Any input is appreciated!
Mahalo,
Sonny
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)