The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Electronics Frustration

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

bburg
Posted 2017-04-10 1:07 PM (#533613 - in reply to #533185)
Subject: Re: Electronics Frustration

There are two output units with XLR built in, one is the original built in guitars with the OP-PRO and feeds the OP-PRO with pantom power. If you use it with an OP-Pro-Studio or VIP and you have connected the XLR cable to a phantom power source maybe your preamp gets burned down.
The second one is built in guitars with XLR and an OP-Pro-Studio and maybe an VIP (for that I'm not sure). This unit does not feed Pantom Power, even not with an OP-PRO. I found no way to check it out, only by using an OP-PRO (that's important) an look wheather pantom power is working or not.

Bernie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bvince
Posted 2017-04-10 1:53 PM (#533615 - in reply to #533185)
Subject: Re: Electronics Frustration

I'll just be honest and upfront in saying that I know very little about the whole idea of "Phantom Power"... I HAVE found what looks to be a pretty clear and comprehensive article Im 'planning to read though. ... http://audioundone.com/phantom-power

From what I have viewed so far though, my idea of adding on a condensor mic at the sound-hole, tied in to the preamp system, may require a bit of consideration. Sounds like a good sit down read on the porch, with a nice glass of ice tea
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)