The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
UKII volume ramp/taper

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

wyldwulf
Posted 2017-02-04 8:20 PM (#532554)
Subject: UKII volume ramp/taper

Sorry to split this off to another thread, but effectively an entirely different subject and question and hopefully someone else with a UKII can tell me if my volume issue is a potentiometer problem or a "feature."

I have seen reference to custom taper on these, but the volume has a strong pop from 0 to 1. Most prominent in the neck pup. Will I need a volume pedal to do swells on this guitar? I have cleaned the pots with deoxit to no avail. They don;t crackle or anything- the ramp just seems immediate.

Thanks,

Mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2017-02-05 12:03 PM (#532564 - in reply to #532554)
Subject: Re: UKII volume ramp/taper

I have updated your membership so you can post in the main section.

I'll move this thread on your response... so others can join in.. but regarding the pots...

I have an early UKII and I just checked it... the signal actually goes silent around the 1 mark. I say "around" the 1 mark because it is a true fade and I can't really tell where it actually completely kills the signal, but it's between 0 and 1 somewhere.

I wonder if someone replaced the pots with non-linear ones on yours?
wyldwulf
Posted 2017-02-09 9:58 PM (#532687 - in reply to #532554)

I feel like I a complete dolt...something in my chain had changed...noise gate for the lose. Didn't play nice with swells.

Mark
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2017-02-09 11:02 PM (#532688 - in reply to #532554)

LOL... you are not the first to do that... not even the 1st to do that in this conversation.... Not even the only person to do exactly same thing a couple of days ago... I was finger picking and forgot to turn off the gate... and it was a really soft gate and I hit that magic spot on the threshold.... so it would cut out the signal seemingly randomly.... while I was finger picking.... it was fine when I was strumming. sheesh...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)