The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Back to the Folklore

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

twistedlim
Posted 2017-02-01 7:37 AM (#532438)
Subject: Back to the Folklore

I have not been around much, mostly because I have been busy with life and the guitar that has been used most of the time was my Alvarez Yairi cy62-CE. (Cutaway classical, cedar top with great preamp). Anyway the my 1767 sees it time every Sunday but I recently traded my son for a 1614 (that I originally gave him...see how it all works?). Frankly I am amazed by the guitar. I had forgotten how great it sounds...and when you plug it in-watch out. So I guess I will start hanging around again. I did miss all the banter here.

Best news of all I retire in July of this year! Yea!. In August I am off to Galloup School of of Lutherie. I will spend 8 weeks, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week learning guitar building and repair. I will be in their Journeyman program learning everthing from fretting and dressng to "voicing". In the process I will build 2 guitars, one electric and one acoustic. This could be a very "guitarish" year for me...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2017-02-01 11:40 AM (#532446 - in reply to #532438)
Subject: Re: Back to the Folklore

Fantastic. I'm jealous. I plan on following you by a year. The lutherie school sounds like a great retirement idea. Check out the BFLG threads here.
I don't have any sons, but I don't know that I'd trade one for a guitar. Some of the in laws, maybe. The Folklore is a fantastic guitar for fingerstyle. I think mine has that classic Ovation sound that I've loved since the 70s.
Love O Fair
Posted 2017-02-01 12:46 PM (#532448 - in reply to #532438)

@Twistedlim -->>This could be a very "guitarish" year for me<<--

Ya think?
It sounds like a great way to roll into retirement. I hope you will keep us informed and enlightened as you go!
Mark in Boise
Posted 2017-02-01 3:32 PM (#532460 - in reply to #532438)

No one else thought it was funny that he "traded my son for a 1614"? Reminded me of "take my wife ... please", but that's a really old joke.
Love O Fair
Posted 2017-02-01 10:05 PM (#532472 - in reply to #532438)

Yeah, I thought it was funny.. and I also use Youngman's line on my own wife from time to time.. but so far no one has taken me up on it (at least that I know of).
nerdydave
Posted 2017-02-02 11:24 PM (#532511 - in reply to #532438)

Retirement is great for improving yur fingerstyle. Mark are you saying that in a year you r going to retire and go to lutherie school??
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)