The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Explanation - Ovation Custom Legend 1769

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

mofise
Posted 2017-01-10 10:37 AM (#531855)
Subject: Explanation - Ovation Custom Legend 1769

Hello everyone! I apologize for my bad English, I write from Italy. I need help to understand one thing about an ovation model. 10 years ago I sold my ovation that i had bought in 1997, it was a 1769 (see att. pic). Now I have decided to look around for buying an identical used 1769 (I regretted having sold it). The problem is this. I found several used 1769, but all have the electronics Optima, and on body have two outputs (jack + XLR). My old 1769 had an electronics OP-24 (like the one on the photo) and on body only the "Jack" output. The problem is that I want find an used 1769 exactly like mine (with op 24 and only one output jack).... at this point i'm confused, it seems there are no 1769 as it was my old 1769! Someone can clarify me?
thank you so much!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
TAFKAR
Posted 2017-01-10 7:42 PM (#531884 - in reply to #531855)
Subject: Re: Explanation - Ovation Custom Legend 1769

<p>Hi Mofise, your English is way better than my Italian (mia Italiano male). Do you want the exact same outputs for emotional ("I want the exact same guitar I used to have" ) or practical reasons? If it's the latter, the XLR is purely a bonus - in situations where an XLR input is available, you get louder sound from XLR (at least, that is my experience, electronics people tell me the signal is the same strength). If it's emotional, you'll just have to keep looking until you find one. A moderator will come along shortly to grant you full access. You may want to post this question again then, as not many people can reply in the Welcome section.</p>

Edited by TAFKAR 2017-01-10 7:44 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)