The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OFC I #3/12

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

moody, p.i.
Posted 2016-12-24 2:58 PM (#531463)
Subject: OFC I #3/12

Selling my OFC I Slothead reissue. Built in 2007. This is a recreation of the original Adamas slothead prototypes. I don't like selling guitars, but I need the money. $4500. If you aren't familiar with these guitars, look them up on this page and on ovationtribute.com. It's been said that they are 90% of the original for half the price.

This guitar is not a museum piece and has been played. There are three issues.

1. It came (as did the #47 reissue) with a ring on the neck for the strap. I went thru 2 of those with the first one pulling off the screw in part (that screwed into the neck). On second one, the ring itself opened up. I then put in a strap button, but I have another mounting ring.

2. The top mounting trim around the body has discolored where my right arm rested on it (the rings are painted and the paint wore). It was repainted once, was worn again, and then I stopped worrying about it.

3. The stereo aspect of the redesigned 2 knobber preamp has never worked properly. And I've been thru 3 of them on this guitar and 2 of them on my 1537, which I wanted to upgrade. On the preamp itself, there are 2 plugs coming from the bridge (every other string). One side of the preamp does not work. I currently have a mono p/u in the guitar and it is plugged into the working side of the preamp. Plug into the mono plug on the guitar and it works perfectly. A stereo p/u with 2 leads will be in the case.

The guitar has walnut tuner buttons on it (looks great!). I am including the small gold buttons that came on it as well as larger buttons that I got that are the same as on the original slotheads.

The guitar comes with a very good Ovation case. I'll pack and ship in the U.S. If it goes overseass, you pay for shipping.

Picture will be up soon (Thanks Damon). I am only going to post a couple of pics. More are available if you are truly interested. Email me at moody dot pi@cox dot net.

I'm letting this go cheap. They have sold at about half the price of the original and the last of those sold for $12k.

$4500.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
povation
Posted 2016-12-24 6:43 PM (#531466 - in reply to #531463)
Subject: Re: OFC I #3/12

I'm very interested in this guitar and would like to buy it. Thanks.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2016-12-25 1:28 PM (#531476 - in reply to #531463)

Thanks but it's already sold and staying in SoCal.
povation
Posted 2016-12-25 5:46 PM (#531479 - in reply to #531463)

Congrats to the new owner!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)