The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation 4861 Help!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Jeff545454
Posted 2016-12-15 8:51 AM (#531263)
Subject: Ovation 4861 Help!

I want to take out the electronics as they are crackling when I move the volume knob and will also completely cut out. I want to clean the potentiometer in the hopes it will fix the issue. I would just jump right into it and figure it out myself but my father gave me this guitar and he passed away in July so I really do not want to risk destroying this guitar. I love this Ovation. It sounds great and when I can get the electronics to work it records great! Please anyone with knowledge or some kind of guide or assistance they can offer would be extremely helpful! Side note, I want to replace the wooden top as it has a giant crack. I wrote Ovation and they said repairs are almost a thousand dollars! I cannot do that. Thank you in advanced to anyone with useful info on my situation!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)