The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Breadwinner Bridge Help

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

happyhaus
Posted 2016-11-13 1:18 AM (#530755)
Subject: Breadwinner Bridge Help

Soon after getting my '75 Breadwinner, I took it to a guitar tech because I was having electrical issues. After getting my guitar back, I was horrified to find that the tech (who obviously never worked with a breadwinner before) had tightened the back side bridge screw so tight that you could no longer see the intonation screws or guitar string ball ends. Once I figured out the cause, I loosened the back bridge screw but couldn't help but wonder if he made other unwanted adjustments to the string height screws. Can someone post photos of a properly set up Breadwinner showing how high up the plastic bridge cover should be as well as how high/low the metal plate below the saddles hould be compared to the bottom of the pickguard. I don't know anything about how to properly set up a guitar but I would rather try to do it myself than take it to another tech with no experience working with a Breadwinner. I'd also like to see a photo from inside the battery compartment to see how tight the bridge screw should be.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2016-11-15 12:10 PM (#530774 - in reply to #530755)
Subject: Re: Breadwinner Bridge Help

There's no actual rule although is you google around you'll likely find a Breadwinner manual. The back of the bridge should be high enough to get at the ball ends. The Bridge height itself should be high enough so that the strings don't buzz, assuming of course the neck is straight. When you post back someone will be along to upgrade you to full member where you can post in the general area and more folks will be able to help.
happyhaus
Posted 2016-11-16 4:12 PM (#530792 - in reply to #530755)
Subject: Re: Breadwinner Bridge Help

I have the manual. That's how I was able to figure out to loosen the screw behind the plate to undo what the tech did. After that adjustment, I noticed that the notes on the 2nd string (B string) had almost no sustain. They sounded dead. I increased the string height, which solved that for the most part, but still seem to get little to no sustain below the 18th fret. I'm assuming I need to increase the string height more, which is why I wanted to see a properly set up guitar to compare to my own. I would appreciate being upgraded to a full member.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)