The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1115-2 that doesn't match the label

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

dsbail
Posted 2016-08-29 12:33 PM (#528494)
Subject: 1115-2 that doesn't match the label

I had originally posted this in the only place I could (Welcome Center - Newbie), so if this is redundant, I apologize:

I'll try to summarize. Using a guide researched and compiled by Paul Bechtoldt, the serial number (062626) puts it at the tail end of 1975. The model number on the label showed 1115-2, or an acoustic round back, standard bowl and 12 string in red finish. So far, so good. Then, as I start to raise it from the dead, the model sticker falls off and it's now a 1615-4, an electric acoustic round back, standard bowl and 12 string in natural finish. To complicate things further, someone had installed (poorly) a Schaller Oyster, but on further inspection, there were wires cut off under the saddle, but no evidence of a piezo in the saddle. Last but not least, the guide shows that red was not introduced until 1976. This could be explained by the serial number's proximity to the end of the range, but given the other issues, it might have bearing. As I said before, once cleaned up, it sounds just like the one I lusted after when I was waiting for my guitar lesson as a child and even with the nasty head stock repair, I certainly can't go wrong for what I spent on it. Pictures are included in the link below. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ir9ncoi0wp5wjf1/AACXVWGFTb_PlogOVxMy_UB6a...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)