The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Applause travel guitar questions!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

Holiday
Posted 2016-08-16 6:26 AM (#528227)
Subject: Applause travel guitar questions!

Hey ya'll - thanks for the forum.

I recently picked up a nice little Applause white oval label travel / parlor guitar. It is in real nice shape other than a few minor dents and dings. One of the bridge bolts was missing a nut which caused a heinous buzz, but a trip to the local hardware store and .25 fixed that issue!

Now I have two questions, first my rosette is missing and I cannot find a replacement anywhere online. The OD is 4.5" ID is 3.75". Based on other photos I've seen online it looks like the OEM rosette is a typical oak leaf style. Can these rosettes be purchased online? I don't even care if it's 100% original, I just want something on there. 2nd question is about tuners. I'd like to get a set of mid sized black Grover rotomatics, but I don't like the idea of drilling out the headstock for the 10mm holes. Anyone have a good source for black tuners that won't require drilling? I guess the reason I like the mid sized Grovers is because the headstock on this thing seems on the smaller side.

Thank you!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)