The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Modell 1115 12er

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

elginacres
Posted 2016-06-24 5:39 PM (#526283)
Subject: Modell 1115 12er

Okay - ThatGirl has found herself another guitar - since I put it out there - a few have replied, it is officially available. Here is the saga and some pics. Model 1115-4 (Natural). Serial number 020920 , which dates the manufacture to 1974. I bought it from a pawn shop in Columbia, SC in about 1976 and have been the owner since then. It was originally acoustic only. It has a 1/4 inch jack, and a volume control, but it has never worked - nor did I ever try to get it to work...someone before me did the after market pickup thing.
I have used it quite a bit over the years. It has aged to a nice nutmeg color. Because I have another 12er from the other side of the Ovation shop - this one can go. The two known and real blemishes are a finish crack from the bridge to the end of the bout - right down the center line, and a crack on the back of the headstock where the headstock meets the neck. Both were there when I bought the guitar in the 70s - and so they remain....they have never been an issue - so I would say they are stable. See pics - I tried to make sure you could see them. Guitar has a nice jangly sound - is fully opened up - is very easy to play for a 1 and 7/8s 12er with 12 frets to the body. It holds tune well at concert pitch and a step down - whatever you prefer. I will put new strings on it, and keep them loose for transport.
Case is original - fits the guitar well...and is in real good shape for being 42 yeas old.
$250 plus shipping and insurance from Denver, Which is ironically what I paid for it is the 70s.
I am old school, you send me US dollars - check is fine, when it clears - I send it on to you.
I will be out of the country until July 5th, so won't ship until at least then. I will be in Austin, so if you are coming there - I can save you the shipping.
Mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bvince
Posted 2016-08-21 9:55 AM (#528310 - in reply to #526283)
Subject: Re: Modell 1115 12er

What a DEAL!... I wish I could still afford to buy guitars, because I would snag this one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)